Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooooooo... ocean view property in california for only $6000! Current bid. (looks like Eureka)

https://www.governmentauction.com/Beautiful_Ocean_View_Shelter_Cove_Home_Site_-LOT6976.aspx

[They're having a massive government auction sale right now according to my landwatch email]

Honestly, I'd wait until the depths of a recession to pick up 'luxury' properties like these. While you're not in the depths of recession, accrue those savings while you can so you can afford it.

Here's all the government land on the site as of now:

https://www.governmentauction.com/Category/Land-5.html

With my experience though...

Maybe I'd wait until the depths of a recession to look up the GIS maps for oceanfront properties and start mailing people offers...

Bet you there might be one or two who really need the money...

Just as homie-hoppers are the female analog to stereotypical players (Screwing best friends and family)...

This song is an analog to this one.

[youtube]lY2yjAdbvdQ[/youtube]

[youtube]Bg59q4puhmg[/youtube]

Girls and guys aren't really that much different. They all want to steal boyfriends/girlfriends.

It's funny, I don't seem to have that issue. I leave others' girlfriends alone. The single girls, now those are up for grabs.

And there sure seems to be A LOT in this generation.

Clearing property.

That was something I was all gungho about when I felt like I needed something to do and I thought it'd be a good experience.

But now I'm looking at this .55 acre property, and I'm thinking...

"It'd sure be nice to hire this out", lol.

Also discovered there's a creek on the very right side of the property, kind of neat.

Just ran 1.5 miles and my thinking suddenly got clearer.

It's Eminent Domain, not imminent domain, lol. (Correcting myself)

https://www.menshealth.com/health/walking-prevents-diabetes-more-than-running
In the study, researchers had people with prediabetes—a common condition where your blood sugar is elevated, but not quite at the level to count as diabetes—walk briskly or jog 13.8 miles a week for 6 months.

They discovered that those in the walking group showed nearly 6 times greater improvement in their glucose tolerance—which measures how well their cells absorb blood sugar—than the joggers did.

Combining the two into a workout plan can help you reap the greatest benefits, he says.

Sounds like my workout! I do a light jog, and then walk to get my "energy" back up and my breathing under better control, then jog some more... then keep doing it until the target mileage is achieved. Today was 1.5 miles, think I'll up it to 2 miles next time. (Looks like 14 miles weekly is the target)

I'm doing it that way because balls to the walls "Run as fast as possible to get it done" had me feeling not-quite-that-well for like 2 hours, definitely much better doing it the jog/walk method in terms of how well I feel at the end.

I'm trying to get a good cardio program in place because I believe it'll help improve my exercise tolerance. Ability to not fold over and get palpitations and suddenly really lightheaded when lifting things, like that gravel bag one day. I think I'll definitely need exercise tolerance with this property clearing.

swbluto said:
Where did north carolina enter the picture? lol

Where you said you were going to work there. Preedits and all.

Walmartization is replacing the better paying jobs with low paid parttime work.

Most any business is land dependent. So someone I knew started his Blue Sky Ranch studio out in the booneis where he could get a bunch of land cheap, using old equipment he could get cheap, so he could operate cheap. Hell, even the conmen trying to use the place free didn't bother. I could never go forward with my Studio Ghoste concept because again the cost of being where I needed to be was too much. Taking the source of the blanks away from the shapers is rushing to the business, but the City of San Clemente only cared about what THEY could get tax money for, even though the land wasn't theirs. But the could also profit from buy low, sell high through eminent domain, which is the number one reason they go through with it, they pocket a lot of Other People's Money real quick. Ahh, OPM, how government stealing and bankrupting.

Eminent domain is used for anything the local government wants to use it for. The Supreme Court ruled in one case where the city admitted it was never anything more than profitable that they could do it. Basically the decision was that they could call half the land that was worth less than the other half, below the median, 'Blighted,' and they were entitled to take it. Oh gee, who was I reading that he agreed with that as long as HE could be one of the people profiting by the stealing from others?

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:
Where did north carolina enter the picture? lol

Where you said you were going to work there. Preedits and all.

Walmartization is replacing the better paying jobs with low paid parttime work.

Most any business is land dependent. So someone I knew started his Blue Sky Ranch studio out in the booneis where he could get a bunch of land cheap, using old equipment he could get cheap, so he could operate cheap. Hell, even the conmen trying to use the place free didn't bother. I could never go forward with my Studio Ghoste concept because again the cost of being where I needed to be was too much. Taking the source of the blanks away from the shapers is rushing to the business, but the City of San Clemente only cared about what THEY could get tax money for, even though the land wasn't theirs. But the could also profit from buy low, sell high through eminent domain, which is the number one reason they go through with it, they pocket a lot of Other People's Money real quick. Ahh, OPM, how government stealing and bankrupting.

Eminent domain is used for anything the local government wants to use it for. The Supreme Court ruled in one case where the city admitted it was never anything more than profitable that they could do it. Basically the decision was that they could call half the land that was worth less than the other half, below the median, 'Blighted,' and they were entitled to take it. Oh gee, who was I reading that he agreed with that as long as HE could be one of the people profiting by the stealing from others?

That is an apt critique of the west coast states, yep. Oregon, Washington, California. A bunch of liberal thieving states, taking property and other people's money however they freaking can as much as they can... one of the big reasons I got the hell out of there.

Got a bad taste of this theft back in Washington and how the system was designed specifically to screw me over with no valid recourse.

Now... taking land from the recently deceased... or like half of it as a form of inheritance tax... that'd work quite well since most of the largest land owners in prime locations are old fogies dying at a rapid rate. That'd be a good source to tap for lebenstraume, living space, proportional to existing regional demand (Important to ensure supply doesn't exceed demand... or you get china's excess construction wastes...). The state can than make money from loan interest, property taxes and no doubt the increased economic output of people empowered by having a place all their own.

Tears for fears sure did make some GREAT SONGS. Coincidentally, it was produced in 1985, at the tailend of the 82-84 recession, which was comparable to the great recession in terms of severity (NOT LONGEVITY, nearly half as long... and income inequality afterwards wasn't as bad as it is now...).

It almost seems like "severe" recessions have a way of producing great music, artists putting their heart and soul in their music knowing that's the only way they know they're going to keep the doors open.

[youtube]9hCKlJ_YMnw[/youtube]

Something happens and he's head over heels.

Man, didn't take me much to figure out what happened...

She yelled at me and I was head over heels...

[youtube]Z4voBgiCEjU[/youtube]

I get the impression many avoided the effects of the 82-84 recession by joining the military, which was hiring like crazy during the cold war. Coincidentally, my father was of this group. I think that's what he's referring to "In these violent times, you shouldn't have to sell your soul"(violent times=oil conflict caused recession,sell your soul =join the military).

When did my father join...

18 years old in 1981...

Hmmm... he probably joined 1982. Yep, right during the severe recession this song is referring too. Funny, he's of the group that this song is talking about with "You shouldn't have to sell your soul", lol.

What's might be different about this "Great recession" as compared to the 82-84 recession considering they're of comparable severity... that might explain the persisting income inequality this time... (i.e., low wages)

Well, let's think of income levels as corresponding to the rate of creation of new money (mortgages, loans, etc.), because mortgage money pays for construction wages which has played a large role in local wealth historically.

As mortgages dried up, rate of creation of new money (In the "mainstreet market" way via mortgages, not the "wallstreet way" via QE which largely stays in the rich's asset groups, largely avoiding mainstreet.), so income levels went down correspondingly. Even as the mortage industry came back to life, we still don't have the rate of new mortages like before (relative to population size) because the vast majority of millenials don't even have a mortage at an average age of 30!

When has that ever been the case from 1950 to 2009?

So, yep, that's the primary reason why income levels are down among a large swath of workers and have been persisting. The rate of creation of new money ON MAINSTREET (via the mortgage market) is down and has persistently stayed down relative to the rates from 1950-2009.

With the lowered rate of mortgages created due to lower incomes for large swaths and higher mortgage standards, "home ownership" rates among millennials has gone down correspondingly and now apparently sitting at 20%.

And all those single ladies around here...

I'm thinking of making the house have a bedroom from the start. Because there's sound energy benefits to focusing heating/cooling efforts on an 80 sq. ft. room vs a 460 sq. ft. house.

This will make the house longer.

I'll have to figure out the design, again.

I think the last one was 26x20, 520 sq. ft.

I'll probably keep the fridge in the room during the day...

Make it nice and portable...

-------------

Okay, redid it, and it's now 28x20. How can this be reduced? Will figure it out.\\

--------------------------

Ok, shortened the walkthrough kitchen down from 12 feet to 10 feet. That makes it 26x20

A youtube video describes how to spot a hoe.

He describes the "slut face"...

which the HEB chick had when she was turning around...

lol...

Yeah, she was a hoe. But, oh, I just loved her.

I definitely know that's a trend of mine, being attracted to hoes, so it shouldn't be surprising. The "normal girls" I consider kind of boring, lol. I wonder why... lol

[youtube]AgroB6eXgOg[/youtube]

[youtube]8fRXrFMXUeo[/youtube]

Oh interesting, this video seems to apply to the HEB chick.

She kept her distance, and I thought she was manipulating me, so I told her to stay the hell away from me.

Then I'm guessing she continued her manipulation.

And then that look of frustration...

She was looking for something.

This video says house or money.

I implied a house.

She was looking for that, uh huh.

And when she didn't get what she wanted, she got "mad" but kept it hidden by playing the "cool card" and at the last moment, got relationally aggressive in a "i'm really mad" kind of way.

She was a player looking to use someone.

I guessed that much.

But, it's hard to believe she really stayed emotionally detached. The bond was highly palpable between us after the eye lock, and that entire scenario was definitely not faked. And I definitely know I wasn't emotionally detached after the eye lock.

But... hmmm... she just became "just another girl" after the attachment. she wasn't detached, she wasn't "incredibly beautiful" or "hot", she was just another girl, at least in terms of the way she was acting.

And this video mentions "resources for themselves and offspring" as one type of player motivation... and that doesn't seem like an unnatural thing... not sure why that kind of "player" would be "bad".

Heck, if the HEB chick wanted to "use me" for the house and the potential offspring between us... kind of like, y'know, a family... I'd have no qualms with that. :lol:

Wow, the humboldt county GIS map doesn't seem very helpful.

No property value estimates and no owner mailing information on ANY of the properties.

That'd make it quite hard submitting offers to the owners.

Maybe there's some kind of 2-step process for finding that info.

I almost think there's some kind of anti-capitalistic reason for it. Wouldn't be surprising for commiefornia.

[youtube]5j7-WFa2AJM[/youtube]

Supposedly this video is "disturbing" and "hard to watch".

Fudge, maybe my neighbors have spoiled me with these sounds and more just about every week of the year. This sounds like nothing.

Of course... he was shooting an ar15 wasn't he... that was a bit hair-raising when my neighbors were approaching me and getting close with that... the youtube video probably isn't really capturing the "real audio" that well, not a true reflection of what it really sounded like in real life. Probably even more terrifying being fired inside closed spaces.

swbluto said:
Yeah, she was a hoe. But, oh, I just loved her.

I definitely know that's a trend of mine, being attracted to hoes, so it shouldn't be surprising. The "normal girls" I consider kind of boring, lol. I wonder why... lol

son, pusdy taint nuthin but a leg-hold trap for your third leg.

hey, if the grabber in chief can say it then it's free from censor

swbluto said:
I almost think there's some kind of anti-capitalistic reason for it. Wouldn't be surprising for commiefornia.

Humboldt County has its' reputation, yes. They didn't want marijuana legalized because people won't need THEM anymore now that people can grow their own. Oh, hightest arrest rate for any level of crime in California.

swbluto said:
I'll probably keep the fridge in the room during the day...

Ummm, you intend to make it run in the yard at night?

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:

Humboldt County has its' reputation, yes. They didn't want marijuana legalized because people won't need THEM anymore now that people can grow their own. Oh, hightest arrest rate for any level of crime in California.

A county actively harboring criminals? It's good the entire state isn't like that, it's not like California actively harbors illegals or anything. lol

While looking for summertime LTV spots to park an RV, I saw this spot in the Sierra mountains of California, and the nearby lake was called "Convict lake".

I kind of got the clue I would've been among criminals going that route. :shock:

So, I said, NO THANKS!

Instead, I moved into a secluded heavily forested neighborhood full of criminals just on the outskirts of Houston, lol. Unwittingly of course. Now I know exactly WHAT TO AVOID if I don't want to move in with criminals.

Avoid the areas that are far off the main road. The more "tucked away" or "remote" it is, the more emboldened the criminals are living there, so they tend to move there.

Read an article suggesting mortgages have gotten "easier" to acquire, in particular for millenials, starting about a year ago.

Things like...

0-3.5% down deposit
Student debt is considered differently from credit card debt (Treated as a "less serious" debt, with scalable payment plans).
Self-employed millennials who do "creative accounting" to reduce taxes (...AND STUDENT LOAN PAYMENTS, my addition), will be open to insist on their true profitability/income.

[It's interesting I read that in an article, because... well... that's been my intended strategy for dealing with taxes and student loan payments...]

The timing is interesting, considering that wages are hypothetically picking up this last year, and this christmas was certainly gangbusters compared to previous ones. (new mortgages is "new money" that drives local income levels via the construction industry and selling homeowners' profits.)

I'd suspect that the higher # of mortgages on new construction is likely responsible, in line with the idea it's been easier for millennials to get mortages since about a year ago.

And, the idea that mortgages have been flowing more freely, in line with these reduced mortage requirements, certainly agrees with my neighbor who tells me construction in Houston has been crazy this year, compared to recent year.

See one such house being constructed in this neighborhood. Makes me wonder if it was done with a home construction loan... suspect it...

If these stats are true, I'd expect the % of millenial home owners should start picking up faster than normal in the next few years.

And, if they JUST started relaxing the requirements last year...

I suspect this trend has some time to run. The next major housing crash might be sometime from now. Based on the last one, I'd suspect around 9-10 years from now (mortage requirements relaxed in 1997, real estate crashed 2008), probably in line with the next recession after this impending stock-market driven one that appears to be happening soon.

Dauntless said:
Ummm, you intend to make it run in the yard at night?

Now that's not a bad idea... right on the front porch.

The house itself will likely be too hot during the summer, day and night.

I'll probably still put box fans in the windows for the main house.

In that case, it might not be /too hot/ come the late night hours.

I guess 120w for powering fans is probably more cost-effective than 1000w powering the AC.

Just more energy than I was using with the RV, about 45w. But, it'll be cheaper energy. About 20 cents to cool per summer day, at 10cents/kwh.

Or I could get solar panels...

I think the unemployment bump of 2002-2003 was purely driven by the stock market, not the iraqi invasion, because iraqi oil didn't start flowing again until like 2009 or something.

So, that implies a stock market crash will cause a "minor" unemployment bump.

The real estate crashes causes the more severe recessions.

So the next one starting within the next 0-2 years will likely be minor, and the one 9-10 years from now will likely be severe.

So, the next 10 years will be a good opportunity to earn as much as one can in whatever industry/field/etc. before the next severe recession.

Anorexic girl in her 20s leaving me weak in the knees, lol. Felt some kind of connection with her, just didn't really know what kind. I would've assumed sexual, but I don't really know.

swbluto said:
While looking for summertime LTV spots to park an RV, I saw this spot in the Sierra mountains of California, and the nearby lake was called "Convict lake".

I kind of got the clue I would've been among criminals going that route. :shock:

Convict Lake is where escapees killed Robert Morrison, of Mount Morrison just to the south of lake, as well as Mono Jim, who has a peak named after him, in 1871. There are two other Mount Morrison's, as well as a Morrison Peak, in the U.S.

Your dishonorable discharge counts you as a convict, but you'd have been the only one there. You could have considered it to be in YOUR honor.

I think it's ironic that peers teased Nikolaz Cruz was going to be the one who was going to shoot up the school, and he did, and they act like they are somehow just detached prophets.

What they don't realize is that nonplayful/insidious teasing EXACTLY LIKE THAT became both a cause and self-fulfilling prophecy.

So, (some/most of) the victims should probably consider blaming themselves.

They didn't really understand they were essentially peer pressuring an easily impressionable kid to their own demise.

There might have been living difficulties.

Part-time minimum-wage job worker he was(dollar store), probably kicked out of the house (Lived with foster parents who detested him)? How easily could he afford living in a northern Miami suburb?

Living difficulties was a motivation, peers gave him additional motivation and direction, and easy gun ownership and "easily targeted population" gave him the opportunity.

Sub-25 males are generally more aggressive. The military has made good use of this fact for many a decade.

And the reason why my illegal neighbors are no longer targeting me on a daily basis is because with the shotgun, I'm no longer "easily targeted". So they don't have the opportunity they thought they once had.

I think the Israel solution to the armed shooter problem is a pretty good one.

Secure all entrances with armed guard.

It's what I have going on in my place, except my dog is not /really/ armed. But it's still effective for deterrring unwanted trespasses by armed assailants.

School could do potentially do that much the same way I did.

Reduce the number of possible entrances. (I sealed off my back entrance, since they were entering there.)

Secure and "guard" the remaining open entrances.

Started clearing the property. Nothing really notable about it, other than it looks like I made good progress in one hour.

Three best implements for non-tree property clearing.

machete, loppers and pulaski axe.

Machete for the finer stuff (Thorny vines and saplings).

Loppers for the thicker stuff (smaller trees).

And pulaski axe for digging and cutting roots for removing the trunks of the thicker stuff by the root underground.

Then for the bigger trees, chainsaws are ideal, and axes are fine on the small trees.

A sturdy iron rake is also useful for removing pine needle collections that seem to group up in areas.

Stopped at a large fallen tree that stood in the way of my intended path. Need to bring the chainsaw genny next time.

I'm creating a path to the intended construction site, for construction material transport.

Once I clear both the path and site, then I need to cut down any trees that will need to eventually come down that might land on the house.

The construction site is sitting underneath a large leafy tree. I figure it shows some promise for summer shade, though I'm not fully confident in that looking at the low number of twigs on the tree compared to other nearby leafy trees. I don't think it's dead, because it still has its bark fully intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back