First-time battery pack build I have some questions

chuckebeme

1 µW
To make a long story short I wanted a very loud Bluetooth speaker everywhere I went and bought one none of them satisfied me.

6 years ago I set out to build my own
I've been through four different models which have decreased in size and used smaller types of batteries and now I'm in the 18650.

Currently my Bluetooth speaker has a 1000w amp with two 250 watt 6.5 inch 3 way car speakers, it is powered by 4 18650 batteries my speakers pretty compact and light and loud and fits inside of your normal paint can (because it is built inside of a paint can) my problem is the batteries are located outside my speaker and I want to completely waterproof it the only reason why the batteries are outside of the speaker is because I can remove them and charge them and place fresh ones inside of it so I never run out of power kind of like a TV remote and that doesn't really work out for the whole waterproof idea now the amp can run off of 10 to 16 volts but I feel if it's closer to 16v the amp sounds a lot louder and clearer. The speaker has a voltage meter built into it and it tells me at full charge its 16.8 volts I have no safety cut off so I could literally drain the batteries to zero like I've done a few times by forgetting to shut it off ultimately ruining batteries for no reason. I was thinking of making a 4P 3C battery pack with a BMS so I don't have to deal with the BS of killing batteries and making a charging port to charge the pack.

I have never built a battery pack but it seems very straightforward and im pretty good with wiring and soldering and following good instructions.

The questions are
What company is most recommended?
Should I go with maximum mah?
From reading there's different discharge rates or amps not 100% sure but it's a 1000 watt amplifier I'm assuming I should have a high drain battery?
And what is the most recommended BMS?

chuckebeme said:
I was thinking of making a 4P 3C battery pack with a BMS so I don't have to deal with the BS of killing batteries and making a charging port to charge the pack.
Why would you not need a charging port?

> What company is most recommended?

For which part?

> Should I go with maximum mah?

If you mean cell capacity, no, longevity is more important, see the threads on that topic.

> From reading there's different discharge rates or amps not 100% sure but it's a 1000 watt amplifier I'm assuming I should have a high drain battery?

If you mean high C-rate, not needed here, but is a quality indicator to take into account.

3S is 10-11V range, is that OK for your speaker?

4S LFP is 12-13V what I'd go with, longer lasting too.

Back