Need help regarding Acer Aspire P3 Battery

nasir7719

1 µW
I have a tablet Acer Aspire P3
I bought it in used condition without battery.
Actually I want to make its battery my self.
Its battery jack has 8 pins
2 for red
2 for black
1 for blue
1 for green
1 for yellow
1 for orange

Can any one tell me the color coding for above colors and why there are so many pins.

Battery model is AC13A3L

if you don't have a battery to re-cell, you'll need to get one:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Battery+model+AC13A3L

otherwise you have no communication between laptop and battery, and laptop may not be able to use the battery. (unless you can decode the communcations needed, if any, and build electronics to do this and act as a bms for the battery--you're probably on your own for that, as I don't know a resource that already has this info).

optionally, you can build a completely external battery that simply powers the dc-input jack that would usually be run by the wall-adapter. that would be pretty simple; you just need cells with enough voltage and capacity, and a bms to protect them from overcharge and overdischarge.

they can be charged using the laptop's wall adapter. most likely the laptop will not run properly once the cells reach a low enough voltage; there will probably be unusable capacity because of that, so you'll need more ah than you would otherwise to get the same runtime for the laptop.

Look for a compatible "Car Charger"

Takes standard "12V" (11-16) input

puts out 19V, ideally 90+ watts available

Pin size is 5.5mm X 1.7mm

careful to get polarity right!

Or build a 24V pack, use a DC buck converter to step down, will always put out a constant voltage so no worries about V dropping.

Back