Oxygen go

roscoe

1 µW
Being a novice to ebikes, I have just bought an oxygen go.
I have seen these can be derestricted through the control panel.
Has anyone done this and was it detrimental to the bike?
Thanks

Those are a waste of money, you should have built your own ebike with a plug and play kit.
Proprietary ebikes are a waste of money.

Do you have a manual for your Oxygen Go ebike?
Do you remember where you saw/read the derestricted Oxygen Go?

You might be able to get away with ditching whatever controller that bike has, installing a normal controller and seeing how it goes, you maybe able to even use the stock battery, all depends on the proprietary nature of Oxygen Go ebikes.

If you cant get an answer as to how to derestrict an OxygenGo ebike through the control panel here at E.S. then go over to MTBR forums, they are more into store bought, proprietary, locked, restricted, 250-500W wimpy ebikes, however thinking how lame MTBR is, in regards to ebikes, your question would be deleted/locked by the mods as they are all mostly *&%@$%^#* over there at MTBR forums, ebike subforum.

Have you looked at the controller? Some times there are two plugs connected that can limit the speed. Might not be there but worth a look.

As buying a prebuilt, some good some not so good. I tell people, if the bike is less than $1500+ don't look at it. There are a lot of RTR's out there but most are very pricey.

Dan

Back