Dahon folding bionx kit. Complete?

Truetoform

1 µW
I’m taking it to the battery supply warehouse later to see if they can help. My charger seems broken. Tried replacing the fuse, no luck. Wondering if it’s all even her now. Never had one of these. Also couldn’t get a read with the multimeter. Hoping the battery isn’t fried. Paid 150$.
83CEFB3D-E5D4-41EB-BAF9-81D5EE9BE1A8.jpeg40F6257C-1C64-4968-A5D4-70AF711F41F2.jpeg1FF323E9-74A9-4D67-941C-F99FD9FC085C.jpegView attachment 4

Attachments

• 0C1B19F1-0F57-4CEE-9551-E7C1CB4318D7.jpeg
    0C1B19F1-0F57-4CEE-9551-E7C1CB4318D7.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,298
Looks like it’s missing a headlight? I hope it’s not a necessary component to the drive system where it looks like there was a headlight. Also any insight appreciated.

You only paid $150; bike is worth more than that IMO. Lots of luck with the BionX system; you may need to get an EE degree to repair it but there's lots of info on the web since they went out of business two or so years ago.

The battery warehouse outlet was no help.
But thanks!
They wanted more but I only paid what I was comfortable with a resale of the bike alone after I put a regular tire back on it.

Dahon with a bad battery, that you cant read the voltage from.
Scrap the BionX controller, and get yourself a generic controller, I like to buy from Greentime on Aliexpress because they have sensorless, they are cheap, and they ship quick.
As for your battery, who knows bruh! Just open it up and see, bypass the bms and read voltages. Charge it up, bypassing the bms.
Rip the bms out, probably BionX propriatary crap anyways.

Research the system before doing anything IMO since AIR BionX has proprietary "ware" that might completely shut the system down if you hit the wrong "button".

Find out if the battery is stuck to the BionX system which it probably is, probably something in the bms circuit of the battery that will shut things down, but to me thats no big deal because you want to be able to use NON BIONX components.
Controllers are cheap, batteries are not.
I have seen a few of BionX stuff up for sale in the online classifieds, its really not worth the trouble to bother even looking at it, unless its like you get the complete kit for $50, then the motor will be worth that, even $100. Used batteries are considered worthless. Controllers are cheap, throttles are cheap.

Bionx put in all kinds of safeguards to make sure you only use their battery. If you have electronics skills, you can study posts from people who have done it before and trick the system to accept a regular battery. I don't think it is easy at all. If it's only dead cells, and not dead circuits, some people are able to replace the cells. A labor of love. Not easy either, if you have no experience at it.

You can open up the motor, throw out all the electronic crap, and run the motor from generic controller mounted on the frame. You would also buy a generic battery. I'd estimate about $300-400USD for this. Depends on your battery. Stripping the motor is only a job suited for an electrically adept owner. And I don't like the bionx motor anyway. It's a heavy direct drive unit. I prefer geared motors.

If you buy a geared motor/wheel, it will cost you $250, and you still have to buy battery/electronics. We're looking at $400-700, and you can buy an electric folder for that kind of money. Such is the life of a DIY ebiker.

Back