Forum spell checker???

John in CR

100 TW
It's unbelievable to me how many perfectly fine words in English the forum spell checker doesn't know. I am rarely able to make even a short post without it telling a word I know to be correct is incorrect. This post is an exception. Is there a way to add words to the spell checker?

danielrlee said:
I didn't know ES had a spell checker. Are you sure you're not referring to your web browser's native spell checker?

I find it hard to believe that both Chrome and Firefox could be that retarded. I'll start gathering a list of words to post here.

there's no spell checker in the forum itself.

it does have the option in your profile preferences for a word censor, so that certain cusswords come out differently, but that's it.

so...afaict any spell checker you're seeing is in your browser or operating system, or if you're using some mobile app like tapatalk, whatever that might have built in.

i don't use them cuz they screw more things up than they fix, so i have no idea what words might be problematic for htem.

markz said:
so is it the browser or the phpBB forum that underlines, in red, with a squiggly line like in this post, phpBB

it's your browser, right click on the word with the squiggly line, and you will see your browser's spell checking options

Back