Aussie Role Call

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.

Re: Aussie Role Call

Postby 1000w » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:41 pm

AussieJester wrote: or, find a 16in rim to lace the lady frock motor into so it has some sort of speed to talk about

Hey Kim, I guess you're not very "frock wise" sweetie!
Bigger wheel for more speed at the same voltage.
Last edited by 1000w on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
1000w
1 kW
1 kW

Postby AussieJester » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:51 pm

1000w wrote:
AussieJester wrote: or, find a 16in rim to lace the lady frock motor into so it has some sort of speed to talk about

Hey Kim, I guess you're not very "frock wise" sweetie!
Bigger wheel for more speed.

erm...then why do all these high powered "lady bikes" setups use 20in wheels Matt? (e.g JohninCR, Steveo, YPEdal.etc etc) coz they spin around quicker on high voltage was my thinking, sheesh AND your a frock lover being schooled by a M.E.N.S member :: shakes head :: :P better hurry up and get that non frock setup going buddy, we still have room for you back in the M.E.N.S club, just lose the skirt and heels first won't ya :mrgreen: :P :lol: :: wink ::

KiM
AussieJester
100 GW
100 GW

Postby Ypedal » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:33 am

Yep.. take a low rpm motor, strap it into a small rim, and quadruple the voltage = Win ! 8)
ES site status page:
http://www.ypedal.com/ES/ES.htm
----------------
http://www.ypedal.com
Ypedal
100 GW
100 GW

Postby jamo96 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:53 pm

Hi guys.

Another Aussie here. I am currently living in Toowoomba QLD. I have one ebike at the moment. A geared MAC rear hub in a Giant Talon, I have 3 x 14s 5Ah packs for my bike. It is running a 12 MOSFET Lyen controller which I am very happy with. A top speed of about 57km/h fresh off the charger. I haven't clocked too many km's on it just yet. At the moment I am waiting on some Telflon coated wire to replace my melted phase wires. I have upgraded the brakes to 203mm, I use a Falcon EV triangle bag and some torque plates which I got laser cut at a local business. No physical modifications to the bike, I could revert it back in about 10 mins if need be. Ill have to shoot some photos and post them.

I am also working on converting my little Haase go kart to electric. I am just waiting on the motor mount to be built and shipped. It will have a Mars 907 Brushless motor. I will probably just use my ebike batteries to start with. I have built a 24 MOSFET controller just to start also (might look to upgrade later on). I have tested the motor with the controller (and tested the controller with my MAC hub also.... hence the melted phase wires lol) Anyway I should have this going in mid November. I should be able to swap out the 2 stroke for electric and back in not too long either, they will have separate mounting plates.

I know of one other guy on E-S from Toowoomba, we will have to meet up one day. I know there are a few from Brisbane aswell.
jamo96
100 W
100 W

Postby Hardcarve1 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:01 am

Welcome jamo96,
Wonder how many ebikes could make it up the hill to Toowoomba?

Alex
When in doubt, REV!! it out.

MTB commuter Black Surley troll 26' 9C HUB Vented & upgraded phase wires, 16s A123 11.5ah
MTB commuter Orange Surley troll 26' 9C HUB Vented & upgraded phase wires, 16s A123 9.2ah
MTB - HXT80-130 direct drive through staton 1:18.75 gerbox, HV160 ecs, Nuvinci hub, 12s A123 9.2ah (retired)
MTB - 9C stock, 12 fet Lyen, 9 speed, 16s A123 20.0ah, 2000lm LED ebike lights.[retired]

Line trimmer - HXT80-130, HV110 ecs 12s A123 2.3ah
Hardcarve1
100 W
100 W

Postby jamo96 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:35 am

haha, the Great Divide would be stern test. Not sure whether I'd be willing to risk melting my ebike into a puddle trying it just yet

Where are you from Alex?
Last edited by jamo96 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamo96
100 W
100 W

Postby XLR8 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Hello fellow Aussies. I'm from Thornlands just south of Brisbane. My e-bike is a dual suspension Huffy from the dump recycle market ($10) with a rear hub motor 48V and a 36V LiFePO and a 12V LiFePO pack on top. This setup came about from migrating from previous e-bikes of 36V system.
XLR8
10 W
10 W

Postby AussieJester » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Welcoma jamo96 good to have you abord ;-)

While i am posting i'll just give another shout out about the upcoming group ride this weekend
for anyone that hasn't seen it...

Group Ride Time 30th October 1PM Garrat Rd Bridge Carpark

The ride will be 32km, predominately flat ground and 99%
On the cities cycle way. Meeting point will be same as last ride days
I.e. carpark next to the Garrat rd bridge Bayswater? Behind the Bayswater Rowing Centre building
All electrics capable of making the distance please come along...Members needing any more
info or directions feel free to pm me or email me at aussiejester@hotmail.com

cyaz there...

KiM
AussieJester
100 GW
100 GW

Postby Hardcarve1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:16 am

Iam at Brighton on Brisbanes northern bayside
When in doubt, REV!! it out.

MTB commuter Black Surley troll 26' 9C HUB Vented & upgraded phase wires, 16s A123 11.5ah
MTB commuter Orange Surley troll 26' 9C HUB Vented & upgraded phase wires, 16s A123 9.2ah
MTB - HXT80-130 direct drive through staton 1:18.75 gerbox, HV160 ecs, Nuvinci hub, 12s A123 9.2ah (retired)
MTB - 9C stock, 12 fet Lyen, 9 speed, 16s A123 20.0ah, 2000lm LED ebike lights.[retired]

Line trimmer - HXT80-130, HV110 ecs 12s A123 2.3ah
Hardcarve1
100 W
100 W

Postby AussieJester » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:50 pm

Todays the day for those wishing to attend
Well be starting ride 1.30pm sharp!

Looks to be about half a dozen people coming, bit disappointing
Fellas, shall catch those that are coming behind
the building in the carpark, Jehu, timma and myself
Will be riding down from Matt.Ps house between 1-1.30pm

Cyas there people..

KiM
AussieJester
100 GW
100 GW

Postby jonescg » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi Kim! Looks like thanks to Qantas I will be able to make it. Kat's folks are stuck in Sydney till Thursday.

See you there!
Voltron the Electric RG250 - Dual Agnis, Kelly 1200A controller, 6 kWh of A123 cells from Cell_Man and a shitty old chassis from 1985 :| Top speed 180 km/h, max current 600 A @ 100 V.
Voltron Evo 8)

If you think electric bikes are slow, build a faster one and we'll see you next year.
jonescg
100 MW
100 MW

Postby AussieJester » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:46 pm

jonescg wrote:Hi Kim! Looks like thanks to Qantas I will be able to make it. Kat's folks are stuck in Sydney till Thursday.

See you there!

BooYaaaaaah Good ol Qantarse hehe... Look forward to catching up buddy...cya soonz..

Now...what about this DingoMaN hrmzzz...what feeble excuse do you have? you better be in hospital or visiting someone
that is dying in one! :P 1.30PM DingoDuDE...BE THERE!!! :-P

KiM
AussieJester
100 GW
100 GW

Postby Hyena » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:48 pm

AussieJester wrote:Jehu, timma and myself Will be riding

Tell timma to get off his bike and into the workshop :P
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered and custom e-bike kits____New Qulbix Raptor 140 frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...
Hyena
100 GW
100 GW

Postby AussieJester » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:52 pm

He starts a new welding job Monday will have his skillz fine tuned
by ends of the week, i think he requires a new gas bottle and some gas
also Jay, shall remind him for you though, he will be at my place midday ;-)

Your missing a good ride today mate, forecast 27C not a cloud in the sky
and we iz doing an extra 12km on top of what we did on the ride came on!
aaaaand yeeess..I Will get you some footage to be jealous of don't worry :P :mrgreen:

KiM
AussieJester
100 GW
100 GW

Postby Hyena » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Sounds like a good ride, pity you're on the opposite side of the country! Ah well, I'll get back over there one day for another ride :)
It's overcast and looks set to rain later but I might sneak out for a quick low key ride myself. For rehab purposes, of course :P
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered and custom e-bike kits____New Qulbix Raptor 140 frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...
Hyena
100 GW
100 GW

Postby AussieJester » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:49 am

Back from the group ride was excellent afternoon, got heaps of bumpy noisey footage
some upskirt shots for Jay :mrgreen: Sico chased some seagulls on Hyena's behalf also and Matt.P
"took one for the team" and had an AWSOME jumping stack!!! which i DID catch on video!! We stopped at the Golf Club again on
the way back for a beer and Jonescg (ChRIS) who missed the 1.30PM start time, was waiting there for us :mrgreen: :P
How did he jnow LoL...

Shall get Matts footage and combine it with my own and edit it
during the week some time...

Cheers all who made it, those who didn't missed out on a great afternoon...

KiM
AussieJester
100 GW
100 GW

Postby sico » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:24 am

Just got back from the Perth Aussie Group ride and had great time. My bike is on charge now for tomorrows travel.

I met with Kim (AJ), Matt (1000W), Paul (Timma), Tony (rider of the green 1000w creation) and Richard (Jehu) and later met Chris (jonescg) and his mate for a beer at the Maylands golf club.

We rode a loop through the city foreshore some awesome bike paths and saw plenty of wildlife on the way :shock: 8)

I didn't capture any photos on this occasion, so I'm looking forward to checking out the vids :)

Some highlights included a full throttle blat through south perth foreshore and AJs reckless and blatant pursuit of the ultimate frock shot. :o :lol:

Everyone's bikes were neat and tidy and performed flawlessly so e-bikes were the true winners! We drove safely past several police persons no questions asked :wink:

I didn't have to worry about my batts in the end, my final trip statistics were 36.4km travelled (I reckon 28km of group ride) using 10.5Ah (488Wh). My CA said 1 hour 34 minutes of travel at an average speed of 23.1kmh. I would be interested to hear other peoples stats too :!:

It was great to catch up with everyone and meet some new riders. Looking forward to the next one. :)

Simon

PS The seagulls were never in danger, in fact they seemed pretty much unimpressed by me :x :)
sico
100 W
100 W

Postby AussieJester » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:50 am

I was quite amazed at how many people were out bar-b-qinging and picnicking :shock: I have
never seen nearly so many people around the foreshore, ever... Was fun though thats for sure
always great getting out with others on the e-bikes, and of course having an Ale or two..or three :oops:

sico wrote:Some highlights included a full throttle blat through south perth foreshore and AJs reckless
and blatant pursuit of the ultimate frock shot. :o :lol:

HAHA..i thought i was being "stealth" :shock: :P ... i did roll up behind the "wildlife" off the
power, i did it for Jay! only for Jay...:P :mrgreen:

I have your chase of the seagulls nicely filmed to Simon, i'm sure HiGHSiDE will be proud haha...

sico wrote:I didn't have to worry about my batts in the end, my final trip statistics were 36.4km travelled
(I reckon 28km of group ride) using 10.5Ah (488Wh). My CA said 1 hour 34 minutes of travel at
an average speed of 23.1kmh. I would be interested to hear other peoples stats too :!:

Mine obviously is a little hiogher as i didn't pedal :lol: My CA readings are as follows...32km used 14.6ah
of the pack or....688.81Wh at 21.8Wh/Km Averaged 25km/hr with a top speed 66km/hr ride time 1hr 16min
53sec ... uhm...how much of the 1hr 16mins was at the Golf Club i wonder? I think i turned the CA off...?

The average speed is low as we rode the cycleway right in front of the city with hundreds of people
walking about as such it was walking pace speed for lengthy sections of the path, good to take in the "sights"...
god bless g-strings and shortie shorts...oh and the wiminez wearing them of course...

Look forward to catching ya'll for the next one... anyone have suggestions for a route feel free to chime in! ...

KiM

p.s FYi:- forgot to mention Matt.P (1000w) didn't hurt himself badly, few grazes and a lil scuffed pride tiz all
he shook it off like a champ and we carried on, his bike came "frock-tastically" well but he broke his mount on his camera
unfortunately. Thanks for the hospitality to Matt much appreciated, shall give you a buzz tomorrow morning
after i speak with my mate re: the bending of
the ali plate for you ;-)...
AussieJester
100 GW
100 GW

Postby dingoEsride » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:31 am

Glad yous all had a ball, it must be near on a year since another river ride I went on where Lawrie and his recumbent had a mishap, has anyone heard from him, how he is etc. and his bent?
ride like the wind
dingoEsride
10 kW
10 kW

Postby sico » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:30 am

Mark, the topic of Laurie came up when we went past that same spot and wandered how he was. Hopefully he's back up and about and ok, the trench looks like a really nasty thing to run in to. :|

I reckon it was about 4km each way (maybe a bit more) from my house to the meeting spot and so 28-29km for the ride. KiM, your time sounds right, not including my trip from home (the CA only counts time when you are actually moving so the golf club shouldn't count regardless). Do you reckon you had about 3km to and from Matt's place?

My previous estimate of power usage was based on a WOT (where poss) run from Cloverdale to Floreat, 17km total, averaging 32kph, so the amp hours were lower purely on speed. Add to that the slower pace meant that my (usually asthetic only) pedalling was much more effective. I think the lower speed power requirement was the dominant factor though as my pedalling ain't too hot.

Glad to hear you got video of me chasing the birds, and hopefully the squawky little f*ckers will think twice before they land near any ebike paths in the future. :x :x :wink:
Cheers,

Simon
sico
100 W
100 W

Postby AussieJester » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:49 am

sico wrote:Mark, the topic of Laurie came up when we went past that same spot and wandered how he was. Hopefully he's back up and about and ok, the trench looks like a really nasty thing to run in to. :|

Yeah, Haven't heard from Laurie at all i hope he is well and up and e-biking again? That ditch sure looked alot deeper on Sunday than
i remembered it though, damn i wouldn't want to hit that at the speed he did on my bike, i would be dead for sure!

sico wrote: Do you reckon you had about 3km to and from Matt's place?

HAHA nagh Matts place would lucky to be 400 meters from the carpark, bugger lives a road back from the river grrr... LoL

sico wrote:Glad to hear you got video of me chasing the birds, and hopefully the squawky little f*ckers will think twice before they land near any ebike paths in the future. :x :x :wink:

hehehe yes definitely have it ;-) Matt will be up during the week to collect the ali plate i got bent for him today at mates work
so hopefully grab the footage he got and combine it with mine and up it to Youtube then ;-)

I was out this afternoon on the bike towing the new wheelie chair not good, i cant go above 30km/hr now or it starts snaking
and MAJORLY rips the tires, the 7degree negative camber turns to MAJOR tow out when i lift the front of the chair and hookit onto the tow hitch
i actually managed to get the ESC warm! and the motor too! they definately don't like low speed for extended periods, add in the hills ... if i didnt have a two speed
i would be up shit creek without a ESC fo-sho.. :mrgreen: :: bows to the ThudMiesTER 8) ::

KiM
AussieJester
100 GW
100 GW

Postby Jehu » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:19 am

Sounds like you need to invest in a FROCK motor, they don't complain at any speed! :mrgreen: :twisted:
I'm sure you will get used to it... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you ask your mate Hyena, he would be quite happy to furnish you with one. :wink:

Hell, if i passed a hat around, the generous soul from ES would be sure to help you out with that :lol:
Imagine that AJ, you could be riding that in a week. :o

Jehu

AussieJester wrote:
I was out this afternoon on the bike towing the new wheelie chair not good, i cant go above 30km/hr now or it starts snaking
and MAJORLY rips the tires, the 7degree negative camber turns to MAJOR tow out when i lift the front of the chair and hookit onto the tow hitch
i actually managed to get the ESC warm! and the motor too! they definately don't like low speed for extended periods, add in the hills ... if i didnt have a two speed
i would be up shit creek without a ESC fo-sho.. :mrgreen: :: bows to the ThudMiesTER 8) ::

KiM
We probably wont miss it, till it's too late
Jehu
10 mW
10 mW

Postby Timma2500 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:59 am

sico wrote:I didn't have to worry about my batts in the end, my final trip statistics were 36.4km travelled (I reckon 28km of group ride) using 10.5Ah (488Wh). My CA said 1 hour 34 minutes of travel at an average speed of 23.1kmh. I would be interested to hear other peoples stats too

Same here, only went through 7ah / 30km :D Mind you i pedalled my arse off too...
Two days earlier i churned through close to 13ah over the same distance on a very hilly dirt ride :shock:

It was a fun day boys. Great weather, pathways, company and scenery :wink:

I hope we can do it again soon!

I wonder how Matt is feeling after his jump gone wrong? :?:

Paul :D

P.S. I'd pay to see KiM riding a hub motor'd bike of his own! :lol:
Timma2500
1 kW
1 kW

Postby AussieJester » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:50 pm

Jehu wrote:Sounds like you need to invest in a FROCK motor, they don't complain at any speed! :mrgreen: :twisted:
I'm sure you will get used to it... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you ask your mate Hyena, he would be quite happy to furnish you with one. :wink:

Hell, if i passed a hat around, the generous soul from ES would be sure to help you out with that :lol:
Imagine that AJ, you could be riding that in a week. :o

Jehu

AussieJester wrote:

KiM

Sounds like a grand idea, I haven't put the angle grinder
To good use for awhile now, like to try those cut of disks
You gave me to, Richard!!..now, how many you think it
would take to cut a heavy ass frock into A hundred pieces
before I melt it down? :mrgreen:

I spoke to Matt last night forgot to ask how he was feeling, I'm guessing sore and stiff, older bodies don't trend to bounce as well as young ones.

KiM

P.s don't worry Paul, your monies safe, I wouldn't ride anyones frocked bike let alone own one ::shudders at the thought::, seen em, ridden next to , felt the weight of them, good enough for me to know I don't want frock all to do with them.
AussieJester
100 GW
100 GW

Postby sico » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:39 am

AussieJester wrote:I was out this afternoon on the bike towing the new wheelie chair not good, i cant go above 30km/hr now or it starts snaking

KiM

Maybe you can try and tow the wheel chair more upright (like retractable castors perhaps?) and it won't flick around so much. :?:

AussieJester wrote:P.s don't worry Paul, your monies safe, I wouldn't ride anyones frocked bike let alone own one ::shudders at the thought::, seen em, ridden next to , felt the weight of them, good enough for me to know I don't want frock all to do with them.

Haha, my frockie only weighs 25kg, so I reckon that's a bit lighter than the HOBO cruiser isn't it? And since neither of our bikes have rear suspension it's the same amount of unsprung weight on the rear wheel ... :wink: :P :lol:

Looking forward to checking out the vids later too. 8)

Simon
sico
100 W
100 W

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion