the new one hour policy...

Reid Welch

1 MW
Effo this policy, please? ONE hour is hardly enough time for myself to compose,
trim and refine, a posting of real human nature.

So I will, con permisso de los "bosses", (I don't know Spanish, not much), transplant my prime posts to the other place,
where I can refine and perfect them for years, if need be, until I get the -perishing records right!-

Here, is GOOD: lots of readers, lots of critics.
THERE, is empty at present; it's a long-term deep freeze, so
that my "kids" can live. and be unmolested, and always re-taught to "speak better"
by edits and additions. It's not about "me". It's not about me. It is about world history.

Am learning by doing
. Five years, only, as a writer of creative prose.
Hemingway was my P.B.s fishing buddy. Judgie, he went along.
Two old men of the sea, and one tyke, and later, much later: myself in proxy.

I am no Hemingway, but...the dots...they do all connect in ways
which bear recording correctly.

Oh, that would be something, but...

Dear friend, swbluto,

E.S. has to run its course ITS way.

If I disagree, so what? Most all people want to see records here stay,
and not get "taken back" by the authors.

If E.S. changes, the policy, grand!
But if they don't: no problem: I can transplant, and would, anyway,
to ensure my work survives me.

I did not write and mess with words until just a few years ago when I became practically bed-bound.
Now, what to do with my =innate need= to create? I can't marry and have kids. I can't work.
I'm damned to a virtual life of fumbling letters and failing eyes. And none of what I write is important.

There's so much here of much greater importance than whatever I add-in.
E.S. has become bigger than any single member, and it should "policy" itself as it sees fit.

I'm covered. I'm redundant...in the sense that I write here for people to read,
but save my better stuff at EFFO, where it may never be read, for all I'll know.

Books are dead. Internet is, potentially, immune from crumbling unto dust.

Thank you all here at E.S. for putting up with singularly-difficult-me.

Video?
We have a guest to-day at our Bed and Breakfast!
I play the Missus:
[youtube]XQkcP0olmQY[/youtube]

Pray we do, that the
V 2 will miss us.

____________dept of tee-hee-hee:

what's an unemployed, lost soul to do, but to wait on tables for his patrons?
[youtube]0AnuPEp4jjo[/youtube]

The Shadow Knows!
[youtube]QhquKI_wq_0[/youtube]
Orson Welles, 1937 USA radio. Be prepared!

Sometimes I get full of BS, post something, and later want to edit to make my stupidity go away. It was also nice to be able to edit rewiews, adding info to the first post as I find stuff out so the reader doesn't have to dig for it in the discussions that follow.

If there is a one-hour editing policy, I will have to compose posts on a word document, then copy/paste. If only for my spelling mistakes and brain-farts (Amps = Volts X Watts...D'oh!). A picture is often worth a kilo-word when trying to make a point, and an initial post with "X" pic might look good to me, then I find "Y" pic which is much better for making the point.

But regardless, admin is doing a great job. ES is a wonderful resource and I will work with whatever policies they deem best.

Thanks, I wanted to edit the title of my new review, to review coming soon. I think it's better for us to be able to delete or rephrase our own mistakes since old threads get read by newbies.

Back