**7 year old post ** I almost killed a man over a hotdog.

Edit from 7 years later.... I'm Grateful I don't choose to trade my peace over anything anyone does at this point in my life. Every being is free the. Let anything bother them, but it's always optional.

This is a sign that you're getting a little burned out...

I've just worked my zillionth 16hr shift in a row at work, I've had nothing to eat all day, and I work nights. It's about 2:30am, this is my normal time of day to eat. I head to the local 7-11 to get dinner.
I see they have a single spicy-big-bite hotdog left on the hotdog roller thing, and as a bonus, it's all shriveled up like it's been on there since dinner time, which is just the way I like them best (not kidding, i like the old ones best.)

So, I politely tell the usual Arab guy that I would like the spicy big bite. He puts on his little clear plastic food service disposable gloves, reaches the hotdog with tongs, and moves it to the back rollers, then opens up the bun-warmer area, and put a bun in the hotdog box, and spreads the bun open. So far, everything is going like normal, I'm pretty excited for my hotdog.

Except... except.... rather than just setting my hotdog in the bun and handing it to me, he very openly picks his nose with his gloved finger, just drives it right up his nostril, turns it around a few times, then pulls it out, and grabs my hotdog with the same fingers, places it on the bun, and hands it over to me.

W
T
F
!

I pushed the hotdog back, and told him I can't accept a hotdog that you handled with your dirty finger you pulled out of your nose.
He says something like, "you have to buy, you asked for it"

This is when my memory gets a little vague. Totally snapped on this guy. I remember saying some impolite things about camels and his wife. I remember seeing flashes of red in my vision. I remember being really glad that he was smart enough to run and hide in the back room, because I was so ready to put him to sleep with a vicious choke, and I figured that he was calling the police. I remember driving away with my hands shaking so badly on the shifter it was tough to feel it go into gear.

I did not touch him or cause any damage to anything in the store. I'm sure it's all on camera from 5 different angles, and I'm hoping no police drama comes of this BS.

I should not have acted this way over a hot-dog. It was very poor behavior, and it could have turned into an assault over a hot-dog.

No hotdog is worth hurting somebody, or going to prison over it.
I think the lesson from this is to be very careful out there when your stress level is up near the breaking point.

On the very bright side, tonights shift was just a 6pm to 6am shift, and it's daylight savings time, so it's just a mere 11hr shift! Only working 11hr's is a like a mini-vacation! A lady friend of mine actually made a cake for me to celebrate only having an 11hr shift. lol I can't wait to enjoy them both when I get off work at 6am. :)
caken.jpg

Bwaahjahahahahhahah... you know it's going to be a good day when the 1st thing you read in the morning brings you to tears from laughter.... ( not laughing at you, but that situation totally cracked me up lmao.. )

16hr shifts.. holy crap.. i hope the task does not require much mental alertness or repetitive actions. That many hours on the phones in tech support would have me licking dust off cpu fans and sticking shipping labels in people's hair..

Dude,

You need a vacation, and a week isn't a proper vacation. Right now I'm listening to dirtbikes cutting up on the hill right by the house. We need a 2wd, but with a pair of high torque hubbies. Actually we need 2 power bikes, so in addition to me preparing properly ahead of time on this end, you bring your bike and big packs. Then we add a hub motor to the front for 2wd and help keep the front down (maybe have your CNC whip up a pair of swingarm extenders to give you 4-6" more wheelbase too).

What are you running now, about 30kw that you can't really put close to full use? Call it 100w/lb. Now think about double the traction, make it so it only wheelies if you try, and increase your power to weight ratio by 20-30%. That will make you forget about the hot dog.

For the record, I wouldn't have to be work stressed for that buggerdog situation to set me off, though these days I'm probably slightly more likely to collapse in a heap laughing hysterically at the guy than go ballistic on him. The situation definitely would have flipped a switch of extreme reaction, so I guess which switch would have boiled down to my state of hunger and his attitude.

Also, I found out we were supposed to cross that river at Manuel Antonio, through the trees is the area protected from waves, so calm and clear. That's where the good diving is. IOW better stuff to do next trip. The first trip was just a practice run.

liveforphysics said:
I'm pretty excited for my hotdog

so i've heard.

liveforphysics said:
Except... except.... rather than just setting my hotdog in the bun and handing it to me, he very openly picks his nose with his gloved finger, just drives it right up his nostril, turns it around a few times, then pulls it out, and grabs my hotdog with the same fingers, places it on the bun, and hands it over to me.

u do not perceive the honor he bestows upon u by sharing his country's ancient tradition.
but ur right, that sort of thing really belongs inside the sausage casing & should only come out of a horse's nose.

:mrgreen:

Simpsons_APU.jpg

been there, done that. you turn over girlfriends fast too when work means a lot.

i wanna hear the part where his wife ran off with the camel so he got an entry visa based on fear of persecution by camels.

So that's why the murder rate is so high near Southern Seattle. The interaction/confrontation between over-worked microsoft employees and apparently unkempt social strata of minimum wage night workers. :)

But, this does make me wonder if he had something against you or if he was really that stupid.

Dammit, Dammit, Dammit, I just had gotten a mouth full of Lemon Fresco, when I read LFP's post, and spewed the drink all over the monitor. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Now, I have to clean up the desk and monitor.

Actually, I could picture that as he was telling it. Then John adds to it.

I'm hopefully sure they don't serve Boogerdogs down here, also. God, my stomach hurts from laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm goona HAVE to meet you two loco Gringo's next time LFP gets down this way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get a crock pot for work. Cut a $12 boneless chuck roast into plum-sized chunks and drop them in. A good starter recipe is a couple packets of taco seasonings, and a can of beer. Add water till the meat chunks are covered, put on the lid, and simmer on low for about 6 hours.

This makes shredded beef.

Pull the meat chunks out and shred them, then throw in some rice to cook in the beef juice. Throw in a can of sweet corn or canned potato chunks, perhaps a can of chunky vegetable soup to make a stew? You could eat out of a bowl, or roll some awesome shredded beef burritos.

If you go to jail...a friend of mine stabbed a guy in the eye over milk, also to keep from becoming someones "bitch"

You should have thanked him. He was generously offering you an opportunity to boost your immune system.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080114094232AAnccS0

Personally I've found that using Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus) helps prevent the erratic irascibility I've experienced when hungry and fatigued. It also helps boost your immune system and is easier than asking to suck someone else's nose.

Luke,

You should ask Y if he will let you hold Hatchi for a while, if the dog lives up to his namesake.. he would have choked the vendor out for you over a booger hotdog.

Dude honestly, as long as you didn't pounce him physically - you were well within your rights, that's freaking nasty, even my 3 year old would have yelled at the guy (probably called him a bone head and tried to smack him in the back of the head)...

The only thing I would personally reconsider would have been the camel jokes, that's a bit too colored for me.. every other profane insult in the book would be fair game but not camel jockey, sand ni**er and surely nothing about his wife (unless she was present) but all the same if someone tried to hand me that dog... I would have taken it, paid for it, smothered it with ketchup and mustard then thrown it right into the jackasses face (thrown not pushed or it would be assault) - I get hot and see red too, just think seeing his nasty dog in his face would have been better + plus you could have added a great final comment like "Dude, what are you 2.. bad enough you were digging for snot truffles but now your eating them too?"

-Mike

mwkeefer said:
Luke,

You should ask Y if he will let you hold Hatchi for a while, if the dog lives up to his namesake.. he would have choked the vendor out for you over a booger hotdog.

Dude honestly, as long as you didn't pounce him physically - you were well within your rights, that's freaking nasty, even my 3 year old would have yelled at the guy (probably called him a bone head and tried to smack him in the back of the head)...

The only thing I would personally reconsider would have been the camel jokes, that's a bit too colored for me.. every other profane insult in the book would be fair game but not camel jockey, sand ni**er and surely nothing about his wife (unless she was present) but all the same if someone tried to hand me that dog... I would have taken it, paid for it, smothered it with ketchup and mustard then thrown it right into the jackasses face (thrown not pushed or it would be assault) - I get hot and see red too, just think seeing his nasty dog in his face would have been better + plus you could have added a great final comment like "Dude, what are you 2.. bad enough you were digging for snot truffles but now your eating them too?"

-Mike

Does that mean towelhead is out too?

Yes but only because it's not needed, that is the action of a dirty, ignorant as*hole and nada to do with ethnicity or race :)
-Mike

See Luke this is why you should have ridden your ebike, no number plates to be recorded on camera!

I would have just told him he could stick it up his arse and walked out leaving him raging at you but I guess the tiredness and low blood sugar made you flip out.

I used to do 12-13 hour shifts and felt like a zombie afterwards, I can only imagine how rooted you'd be after a 16hr shift.

I remember reading a study somewhere that driving or decision making after a 12 hr shift (or otherwise lack of sleep) is the same as being 0.05 % blood alcohol. I know you don't use breathalizers there in the states but basically the same as having 2 beers in an hour

If it was caught on video call the health department and 7-Eleven Headquarters and complain, you might get compensated for such nasty experience.

http://www.7-eleven.com/ContactUs/tabid/184/Default.aspx

While you're at it, please mention the lack of nacho chips, cheese sauce, and jalapenos in japan! Plus the Frozen Burrito here is just awful.. :x

dont wanna have to picket 7/11.

We have breathalizers here in the states, actually my town gets the highest conviction rate for DUI in the state (there isn't much else for our cops to do).

I hadn't realized this happened in a 7-11, it's on the video (the franchises are required to maintain the video and it's a level 1 support call, meaning highest priority.) - you really should call 7-11 corporate and file a complaint.

-Mike

The cameras probably don't record south either, so your comments towards his wife and what brand of table cloth she wears should slip under the radar. haha

mwkeefer said:
We have breathalizers here in the states
Oh good, all the US cop shows I've seen on TV here show the cops doing some lengthy retarded roadside sobriety tests on people who are clearly drunk and would be locked up in 30 seconds here.

Oooh.. Too die for..now that's what I'm talking about. a scoop of some home made chili beans on there, some jalapengos, chopped fresh onions, real cheddar shreds...french fries and a strawberry soda? Grape? Man you'd be all kinds of SET...put me down for two biguns..

Sauerkraut with american mustard or even spicy Japanese mustard...To Kill a Man for..

Chicago dog?

Stud,
You just had to do that, especially the sausages on the right! What, did TPA put you up to that so he can win the group weight loss competition? I'm firing up the grill tomorrow.

StudEbiker! Those dogs look damn good!!! Mmmm!!!

My 11hr shift day was a fantastic break from work, and I'm feeling much less stressed now. :)

mwkeefer said:
Actually, if I understand correctly, you're thinking of my "little" Hachi (Y's is Sandy, the buttergirl):

If she keeps going the way she is now, she'll be bigger than her mommy--she's about 50+ pounds right now, at only 5 months and 1 day.

From 5 weeks ago:
DSC02463.JPG

Yeah they should have fired that guy at Carls Jr in Red Deer, I def aint eating there.

Luke is the same guy still working at the same 7-eleven store? and you have eaten food before when he was behind the counter. Makes you wonder what extra organics you've gotten in the past.

Too funny!

All I can say is this, after working in restaurants for five years in my teens, I had a very hard time eating out for decades.

What you saw was real bad, but what you don't see, in the highest class place in town too, is far far worse.

Back