Close encounter.......

What an idiot!

I mean like she had time to stop and get off? :lol:

Incredible. KF

Don't forget, the ethical burden is always on the operator of the death machine. They impose the risks, so they bear the burden.

Little kids, animals, runaway shopping carts and stray dumpsters don't know the rules of the road. It's up to the drivers of death machines to operate within their ability to respond to circumstances. When they fail, the failure is theirs.

Chalo

Warren said:
If you watch the video closely, she wasn't riding the scooter at all, but walking it across the intersection, sort of in the crosswalk. She actually walked right into the truck!?

??? Shit, i had to rewatch three times before I realized you're correct.

@ around :26 in the zoomed shot, I see her pull her right leg over the center to dismount - she seems to have been seated and riding with her left foot down along the pavement.

Make that ~ :36..

Yeah it does look like she was actually seated with her left leg just skimming the pavement mostly thru the crosswalk. She only pulled her right leg over when she stood up just before impact. Whew that was close!

I'm also amazed that her handbag stayed on her arm even after being spun around like that.

And yes ... she would have been okay if she'd just kept riding thru or sped up.

Green Machine said:
Her battery probably died and that's why she had to abandon ship right before truck hit.

:lol: :lol: Seriously, they need to stop using SLAs over there...

Usually its someone else fault this close encounter was my own doing

I entered the corner too early / sharp and did not see the car coming I try to slow nailing the front brake hoping to suck the front wheel in at the same time but end up fighting the hub motor threw the corner instead.

Now I have ordered some brake lever cut off switches had thought would not need them , boy was I wrong.

[youtube]pDapl_2uSSs[/youtube]

1st day riding the ebike I entered this corner a split second late ..

[youtube]yBKp7v42nME[/youtube]

Its the Sony action cam as200 that has gps , their editing software overlays it. This was recorded in its lowest resolution and smallest Mbps file size , 2.25 GB for 60 min.
Its a pig on resources records 11 hrs of video on a 128GB XC type card in its highest bit setting and it likes high amounts of computer editing power of which my laptop has little so edits take an hour per 15 minutes with a basic 2 year old notebook. I have a plan to revive a old stronger laptop I have around and use it just for editing as the sony cuts into computer time as it uses 100% of the cpu while converting files.
Its does 120* or 170* I use 120*
Thats my warning but I like the camera its actually more / better then I need.

Re the corner gone bad, No way you could have seen that car,, but obviously you need to stay in your lane.

Just part of the learning curve, if you never rode motorcycles before. Your e bike is not the same as when you pedaled. You will find yourself cornering faster than you used to, as if you were in a bike race, at those peloton speeds.

Not a problem with brake cut offs, what good would those do if you are in that cars lane?

Its barely noticeable but in the last 25-30% of the corner I was actually being pulled to the left about 3 feet under front braking with the Motor at full throttle.
You see the bike suck into the turn when I apply the brake then a moment later Im pulled off course.

Normally when you apply some front brake it sucks the front end in what happened here was the opposite.

In the vid the bike / shadow moves abruptly to the left after the apex of the corner
I applied the brake at after the apex and was pulled left under throttle.
CornerVision_figure1_LateApex.jpg

Without the motor running the front would of been pulled in right.

Back