What other forums or projects keep you busy?

benj

100 W
Hi Everyone,

I found Endless Sphere after seeing Boosted Boards do their TED talk, and decided to make my own :) A few years later I have 3 eboards to choose from and I'm so happy with them and owe a huge thanks to the ES forums :D

Before that, I had built my own Segway, an electric go kart, and other crappy robotics projects.

Recently my brother in law was talking about race car simulators, and I found the excellent forums XSimulator - http://www.xsimulator.net/community/. I now have a super fun motion chair linked to some racing games.

I'm also a coder, and tinker with 3D, so I got an Oculus Rift (DK1) a while back. This is super fun especially when strapped into a moving chair and playing rally games like Dirt 3 :D

What other projects and forums do you guys visit or make?

I am building a plywood velomobile. Lots of aluminium thrown in too. Work around six hours every day with it. It will have a DD-motor.
I am ten year old member on our national RC-forum, around 3000 posts. Sometimes i write about E-bikes on our local cycling forum.

I am a writer for electricbike.com, so...I regularly scan a variety of forums to catch ebike news as quickly as possible. My day job that pays the bills is a water plant operator, so I have a lot of time to kill.

I enjoy heading to my partner's fathers 3500acre farm as often as i can (every other weekend weather dependant)
There i like to hoon about on my 250cc quad bike chasing rabbits and roos
to shoot for eating.

10606317_355018017988683_6587489291478551171_n.jpg

1601334_869084916442908_4415047925620390855_n.jpg

just in case we have any 'greenies' about ALL meat is used nothing wasted...
We only shoot enough for the table and for our two Staffies.

KiM

Poke around my threads here and you'll find a lot of projects / hobbies.

Rescuing dogs
ham radio
electronics in general
tinkering with just about everything
learning random new things
bikes electric and not
woodworking
sculpting
plastic models
sci fi
anime
costumes
SCA
science of many kinds
languages
plants/trees/gardening
conservation/recycling/repurposing
reading
astronomy
spamkilling
and probably lots of other things I can't recall in a minute. :)

What I'm actually good at...well, none of them...but they are all fun to some degree, as long as they don't include math (whcih I have real trouble with following or comprehending beyond really simple stuff). ;)

Well i love this forum

I also watch youtube and don't watch Regular TV really any more..

one of the best 3d printing forums
forums.reprap.org
-thingiverse.com - plenty of 3d file, good site to check from time to time to see what people upload.

light/torch forum that I think you would like..
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/

rc groups- everything RC
http://www.rcgroups.com/

I do the ebike stuff and I spend a good chunk of my time online doing rewards sites for paypal money and gift cards because I have no job and can't work anymore. I also spend a lot of time mentally mulling over weird ideas and then posting them on here to see if they're feasible.

I also want to start an online search to find the first ever person to say that ebikes are low maintenance so that I can smack them up side the head.

...just completed the construction drawings for my largest solo project to date - $1million worth of concrete and steel... The Kangaroo Bay Youth Plaza (skate park).

Going to be a hell of a lot of fun.

Rosny Image.jpg

Own a home, that will keep you busy, the rest of your life, if you let it.

Other then that, I have a fleet a mopeds, dune buggy, hot rod Vega, RV/camping, modified VW bus, tube radios, home theater, gardening for food, three-wheeler, shop, building things instead of buying them

Back