Post your Pets here!

I want to see your Pets! Here is my little girl, Gretel. She is nothing but trouble, and just about too smart for her own good. She is right at a year and a half old now and full of energy. We are working on greeting guests with a smile instead of a paw on the stomach or groin.

Attachments

• Gretel-face.jpg
    Gretel-face.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 5,053
  • lazy.jpg
    lazy.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 5,071
  • Picture-016.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,103
here's 3 of em... jj, smokr, and mando...
2257751471_3d376c6911.jpg

and anudder shot of jj...
2257751477_7e198aea42.jpg

and anudder shot of mando...
1712476508_d3ce128f4c.jpg

here's saler, not pictured above...
1712593180_9f831029ed.jpg

i even took em' backpakin' last year...
1806452276_751e4b80da.jpg

1799474206_e7a082755a_m.jpg
1799474208_7083d5e490_m.jpg
1799474224_a096c23c1c_m.jpg

Meh...All my pets could fit in my hand and they all died...

RIP you stupid hamsters. :(

I want like a Maine Coon cat or something. They're pretty kickass.

Also:

file.php

I see what you did there.

Here's the current pack, enjoying the waterhole where I take em to run. Elliemay and Max, left and next to right, Bertha and Dudley. Elliemay is the only one not a rescue, and is descended from Duke on the beverly hillbillies tv show.Pack at the waterhole 2007JPG.jpg

Two rescues we had to adopt since they were so mean. Bertha likes to eat other dogs, Dudley, on the right, likes to bite me a lot. We'd still like to find a good home for Dudley, if anybody likes getting bitten once in a while.Pack feeding 2007JPG.jpg

Here is Max our resuce St Bernard, all the others are bloodhound or bloodhound mix. One day a year or so he likes the weather. And thats me too.View attachment Max liking the weather, for once 2007JPG.jpg

A few sucessfull rehabilitation and adoptions. This one, Bob, was a Katrina dog. Found very thin and distrustfull of people, scared of everything. Bob 2006JPG.jpg

This one is Cletus, and following, Dixie. Both considered too aggressive for adoption, they came as a pair and got a home as a pair.Cletus 9-06JPG.jpgDixie 9-06JPG.jpg

This one is Trax. Hard to let her go, so pretty. She was an owner biter. She never wanted to bite me, but we made sure she got a tough owner. She lives with a pack of Rottwielers now.View attachment 1

As you can see, we like the ears down, and have had one to six bloodhounds at a time since 1980. Yes they do sleep in the bed, but usually not all four at once.

Just one more. Dogs love you when you have the skins off a pack of chicken thighs. They are so smell oriented. I found having a bunch of big female dogs around makes it easy for me to make freinds with big mean male dogs. Smelling like a bitch really helps.pocketfull of chicken.jpg

Here is the newest addition to the family, Mr Wiggelsworth. He or she is a very LARGE Garden spider that I have decided to keep around and observe by trying to feed him juicy bugs. I found a dead fly and a dead bee this morning and threw them into the web. He/she immediately rushed to the fly and wraped it in silk, then slowly crawled to the bee for inspection. He/she pulled the bee off the web and literally threw it right at my face :shock: then went back to the fly and injected it with digestive fluids.

Attachments

• Rialto 6 22 08 051.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 2,802
  • H.B. Parkways 076.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,798
Cute Pups, but sorry to see none of them are Electric! Isn't this an EV forum? :wink:

Deafscooter have seen many Komodo Dragon in other indonesia island there very dangerous to bite you.
They live next Island there have many Komodo Dragon on own island and they can eat any animal meats

===============
Names
Most of the western world knows this large monitor lizard as the Komodo Dragon, or Komodo.
To the scientific world it is Varanus komodoensis, the largest of the fifty or so Varanids, or Monitor
Lizards. In the Indonesia archipelago, or more specifically around the island of Komodo where the
lizard calls home, it goes by the simple name Ora, or occasionally buaja durat (land crocodile)
or biawak raksasa (giant monitor), which is perhaps the most appropriate name.

==============

Physical dimensions
The Komodo Dragon may not be the longest lizard in the world, that honour probably goes to the
Papua Monitor, Varanus salvadorii, which is much thinner than the Komodo Dragon but regularly
longer. No one however would dispute that the Komodo Dragon is the largest surviving lizard.
Adult males often exceed 2.5 meters (8 feet) in length and weigh around 90 kilograms (200 pounds).
The largest verified specimen was 3.13 meters and 166 kilograms. The problem with weight is that
the Komodo Dragon is an impressive diner and can eat pretty much its own weight in food.
This begs the question, where does the Komodo end and dinner begin. Without a full stomach
the mature adult male is more likely to weigh in the 60 to 90 kilogram range.

===============

Video ( Komodo Dragon Strikes Back ) How big are they (Lizard & Man)
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCbNI3abYuw [/youtube]
===============
Video (Komodo Swallows Pig) Warning there they bite and eat a live pig
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdX7wcoycuQ [/youtube]

Never had a komodo. My wife likes scales though. She has two ball pythons and a boa about 6 foot or so, and surly as hell. We had a burmese python that was very friendly years ago. He liked people so we'd take him out to bellydance parties where all the girls loved him. Made me wish I was a snake but at least I got to watch.

In the colledge slum house, my roomate and I had a pet spider we fed lots of flies. He got huge :shock:

Lucky's a shepherd/husky/lab mix. I think.

Attachments

• Luckysmall.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,593
The last pet I had was a calico. She's no longer with us due to some household member's intolerance of vengeful pooping which their breed is apparently known for.

Here's my vicious guard dog. A Bichon Frise. She would lick an intruder to death. She does let us know when the UPS truck arrives :wink:
Fluffy2.jpg

Hi,

We adopted a young female who was about 10 months old who had been abandoned near a meditation retreat in the woods in Mendocino County in Northern California. She survived most of a winter on her own. About two months after we took her in she gave birth to 4 kittens. Two and one half days later she died. The four kittens were bottle fed. Only these two survived. They are both very affectionate and very spoiled.

Aila, female on the left with her brother Eira.
CatsGC.jpg

Cats2GC.jpg

Back