Import a pedicab from China, to USA, how to

JEB

100 W
Has any one imported a pedicab from China, to the port of Los Angeles Ca. problems? how to?, recommend a broker? can a person do a self pick up? Etc.
Thanks, JEB

If anyone is interested, a $2850.00 electric pedicab (www.zzmerck.com ,model M-TB01), box 4'~X6'~X10'~ around 400lbs, shipping by boat, $450.00, Customs, dock, handling, broker, ETC at Los Angeles port around, $600.00, plus truck shipping charge to destination.

find a sailor on a container ship that runs back and forth to china and get him to pick one up for you and stash it on deck for the trip back and then unload it onto the dock and ride away on it.

when i was a sailor on the older type of steamships before container ships were introduced, we could put stuff on deck for the trip back and then the stevedores would put it on the dock for us. one of the second officers shipped a huge case of viet cong captured enemy AK-47s back to the US on deck and they dropped it into the bed of his pickup in oakland and he drove off with it. another guy called a cab to the dock and walked off the ship with an overstuffed duffel bag full of the black vietnamese pot he had scored in saigon. never saw him again.

Hehe... Silly me. Went to visit a bike builder last summer to build me a rickshaw to use to investigate local tourism biz. Eine lokale deutsch-kanadischen that fambilates bike, trikes and carts in his own tiny "car free town". This guy:
http://cappelcustomcarts.com/index.html
P1140756AA.jpg

Specs included 500lbs of passengers and their gear, riding in something like this:
Sulky.jpg

Weight of rickshaw includes sunshade, ashtrays, bucket of chilled... whatever. Night lighting and cooler fridge, wattEVer. Includes also two brakes and a sound signaling device. Or two. All dragged behind/connected to battery-electric bicycles (summer students, etc riders). Local taxis are regulated "up the ying yang", so... "tips only", but having handy paper cards from various ebike shops. Any/all cards that show up at area retailers (and translate into a new customer)?, Rickshaw Grrrl (or Guy) gets a "kick back" aka commission.

I would expect a guy familiar with "heavy use" bikes, carts, etc. to "over-build", on the theory that "heavy" (well built) vehicles cost more in components, etc. Think "warranty" where higher up front costs hopefully replace lots of maintenance costs, etc.

(Objective? Get young folks REAL business experience. And especially *fun* while they're doing it. NOT a "Mac Job".)

(Oh yeah. And make a small net profit after taxes. For all concerned.)

G'Luck with your "pedicab from China"!

Back