MUSIC thread

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
Dauntless
100 GW
100 GW

Re: MUSIC thread

Post by Dauntless » Nov 10, 2017 1:31 am

Any sufficiently advanced technology is INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC!
- Arthur C. Clarke

nutnspecial
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Post by nutnspecial » Nov 10, 2017 3:19 am

My Day, Week, Year, And possibly lifetime has been rocked by two women I Never knew about. They are both so POWERFUL.

Meg Myers (check out 'Desire' . . . and a half dozen more)

Tove Lo ('discotits', and others')

Also, pretty good vids for both. (ESP as noted :oops: )

Why I hadn't heard and seen this audio and visual creative and informative information is astounding. They should be at the top of the 'charts' imo.

Anyway, my world is ROCKED . . . How do you want me?

Dauntless
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Dauntless » Nov 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Let me get this straight. You LIKE getting blown away by good looking women who really can sing and all that, eh? I could set you up with such a string of them.

Let's see. PJ Harvey?

- Arthur C. Clarke

Dauntless
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Dauntless » Nov 20, 2017 5:24 pm

- Arthur C. Clarke

nutnspecial
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Post by nutnspecial » Nov 20, 2017 10:23 pm

Oh cool the forum is new. Alot of websites are new too. and alot of new shit from china is available. I am amazed at this year. Someone should tie this in politically./? / / / in the political thread(s) :!:

Anyway, Yeah I recognize Power when I see it. Esp if it's not too prideful/boastful/ or overwhelming in bull. That Meg Myers omg. I should pray for Adelaide. . . . Lemon eyes . . . . Motel . . . . Sorry . .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym1J5IAk2P4 . . Oh and 'after you' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFoKnSe7M4Y

Anyway that's about it for me since then. To post here right now :wink:

Dauntless
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Dauntless » Nov 21, 2017 11:36 am

nutspecial wrote:
Nov 20, 2017 10:23 pm
I am amazed at this year. Someone should tie this in politically./? / / / in the political thread(s) :!:

Anyway, Yeah I recognize Power when I see it. . .Anyway that's about it for me since then. To post here right now :wink:
BLINK! Did I miss something????

Ah, forget politically, too many people are just using that as an opportunity to hate. Tie it into society and I say Al Franken will wind up setting the standard for dealing with false accusations with the way he deals with TRUE accusations. Caught on tape, as they used to say. Not only doing it, but having acknowledged in IN THE SENATE years before the accusations flew. And yet he's saying he's not going to resign even as he's ostracized, etc. It might blow over by the 2020 election.

So if Al stays when he's guilty, what about all the victims of "Me Too" with the false allegations, with nothing back it up or even to listen to? Kevin Spacey's dicey accuser has ruined his life with their being no reason to believe, George Takei (Whom I've worked with, damn that's one kewl gentleman) making the mistake of shooting his mouth off about someone else and getting himself on the radar.

So in that roundabout way Al might have done society a favor by being a bad boy and living in the 'Al Franken Decade' even after that decade was over.

- Arthur C. Clarke

Lebowski
1 GW
1 GW

Post by Lebowski » Nov 21, 2017 1:23 pm

Since nice ladies (especially the Victoria Secret ones) are all the rage and in the news :

Another video to recommend from this same group is 'was ist hier los', this one requires a stronger stomach:

The text is very good but, well, in German... (I mean who doesn't speak German ?)

Both songs benefit from playing through a proper sound system, not some tinny laptop speakers as this doesn't do them justice...

nutnspecial
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Post by nutnspecial » Nov 23, 2017 8:48 am

Title track from the movie 'Son of a gun' by 'Sol Seppy'/

ENTER ONE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypApKTXuOxU
sol.jpg
sol.jpg (14.22 KiB) Viewed 84 times

I <<like>> to think I know just what she is saying. It went well with the movie imo. So beautiful sad and happy.

nutnspecial
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Post by nutnspecial » Dec 07, 2017 2:28 am

Dam I wish I could get my post back from That ^^^^ day to post in the thread 'Cry'. I cried.

Anyway, GD what an awesome year day week second etc. All to balance. Besides that really intuitive solsteppy, and the awesome Powerful Meg Myers, and apparently vanilla (Just cuz shez popular) Halesy, I am totally getting into

'Birdy'. I ges she plays piano too. Slower but ok for some of the time, and powerful talented. Power is to be respected when recognized at least. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH8H7cSXlOs
________
And thanks to ol' utube recommended, I heard 'Hey Violet'. Pretty effin cool.

Girls my age don't know . . . . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LzWUAkpNrQ Nice for that sub you just installed. Oh wait that was me haha. Hah

Dauntless
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Dauntless » Dec 08, 2017 12:13 am

nutnspecial wrote:
Dec 07, 2017 2:28 am
Dam I wish I could get my post back from That ^^^^ day to post in the thread 'Cry'. I cried.
So traumatic you can't just remember? Or more than you can take to type it again?

Yeah, Birdie is kewl. Wrote and sang some of the most heartfelt music as a teenager.

So I'm running into this old girlfriend, she's with the guy she dumped me for so of course she's ignoring me as always. It turns out I ask the waitress what this crazy song was and she says you know who asked her after her bf didn't know. So I figured it out and pulled it up on the phone here. Told the waitress, told the bf, didn't tell her because she'd have ignored me anyway.I'm always the best source there is.

- Arthur C. Clarke

Dauntless
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Dauntless » Dec 08, 2017 4:24 pm

I guess it was a bit too much to ask that Al stay strong. The Democrats are of course going to desert him because they want the targets to be eaten alive even when it's not true, Al of course confessed after they showed they had the goods on him. But it's just negative reinforcement for them to collect a victim.

There's some Birdy for ya. Compare to another english woman in London Grammar.

- Arthur C. Clarke

nutnspecial
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Post by nutnspecial » Dec 10, 2017 9:27 pm

that's a nice and unique cover (tho slow). I do tho def find HIM as the best ever? spec for that cover, or their 'fear the reaper'. more bands should maybe do more covers.

"the blood on our hands is the wine"