Elon Musk @ TED

methods

1 GW
He then said the following:

"People are mistaken when they think that technology just automatically improves. It does not automatically improve. It only improves if a lot of people work very hard to make it better, and actually it will, I think, by itself degrade, actually.

You look at great civilizations like Ancient Egypt, and they were able to make the pyramids, and they forgot how to do that. And then the Romans, they built these incredible aqueducts. They forgot how to do it."

We could sum up Musk's point in a single sentence:

If you're not progressing, you're regressing; so, keep moving forward.

Source:. https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/elon- ... tence.html

No person on the planet living or dead that I have more respect for.
Even Tesla himself ... If he were alive... Would be rivaled.

This forum improves technology.
It's priceless... Like the amaturish early paintings of one who later becomes a master.

Collaboration first, with only friendly competition to move things along.

As for the world:
No more armies, weapons of mass distruction, rulers, or war. It's time to get along as a whole so we can explore outer space and break free from the limited resources paradigm.

Now... To make a dollar out of fifteen cents...

-methods

I'm sure you'd agree that people get along fine. It's governments that don't get along. Get rid of all the war mongering politicians and shrink government power and we actually could have time to focus on technology. Ultimately it's the individuals who keep voting for powerful government that hold us all back.

methods said:
No more armies, weapons of mass distruction, rulers, or war.
-methods

All for smaller government.

Many hurtles to get there. Here is just one:

In order to get there (reasonable or not...) we need a replacement for the role that Church & Government serve in society.
Reality is that there are a bunch of people who... just cant make it... and require assistance in some form or another.
If these people are not helped along... they end up having to "Do what they gotta do"... which some think may be chaos.
Theft, violence, suffering... ugliness in the streets...

Currently the Church is charged with this at the street level (soup kitchens) and the government at higher levels (health care)

In order to free ourselves of bondage and remove the power of decision from folks who are scared (and vote) we must remove this perceived threat by showing that we can collectively handle the problem.

No doubt we can... but most people need a vector to do so.
A mechanism to volunteer through
An organization to operate as a part of.

That is one of the first big steps to being free IMHO

* Make sure incompetent or displaced people have food, shelter, and health care (Partly because one day YOU may be one of these... it can happen... believe me... I have seen it)
* Make sure we depend on the cops and military as little as possible

If we can turn up the volume on our own support of the community and turn down the volume on our "looking to authority" to solve our problems... then we are on the way.

The people can do anything.
Near Instantly.
We just have to decide to do it.

-methods

Honestly Methods, I'm having a very hard time figuring out what you're trying to say.
At first read it sounds like you're advocating for violence backed government welfare. But you never really say that. The other possibility is that you're advocating for just the opposite, non-violent charity systems.

methods said:
If we can turn up the volume on our own support of the community and turn down the volume on our "looking to authority" to solve our problems
If you're advocating for government welfare then this sentence just becomes self contradictory so it's hard to deduce what you're really suggesting.

In my opinion government welfare is a miserable failure in all cases. Looked at logically, it is impossible for a government program to be a net positive. Fundamentally this is because they always require violence. Looked at historically, government welfare programs are as dysfunctional as government programs in general. The few that aren't yet miserable failures ride on the backs of free markets as opposed to planned economies. But they are still a net negative to their societies.

We want to actually help people in need and not just pretend to so we can wash our hands of the problem. The real solution is to get the government completely out of all welfare programs like SNAP and healthcare and allow the communities to take care of their own through voluntary charity organizations. In the USA we used to have this for many decades. It was head and shoulders better than government welfare.

Thought that was what I said :D

Yes - we need to organize if we want to usher out the current organization.
(Now if that isn't contradictory... Lol)

Sadly every organization eventually devolved into more of the same... So it must be a distributed network with only a guideline charter.

Non-violent enforcement is of course the key.

Occupy (like it or not) was a nice test run. The government crushed it like a grape... But in doing so they radicalized many.

Let me tell you again about being caged for doing no harm on the very steps of the free speech movement in Berkeley. Press was suppressed. Kids were transported counties away to the worst ghetto jail and let loose in the worse part of Oakland at 3am with no money.

Yea... That was an adventure.
Alameda County Sheriff is still on my shit list for a bad order to disburse, undo force, ...

I had one cop relocated.
The others were just following orders and pretending to hit us with sticks.

-methods

Correction:. Same county, just a really long bus ride.
I suffered heat stroke. It was awesome.
They set us out as an example....

The truth...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-many-failures-of-elon-musk-captured-in-one-giant-infographic-2017-05-24

Every epic winner I know has more epic losses in their past than most will see during their entire life and the lives of all their friends combined.

To win big you have to wager big.

If anyone is a hiring manager at Tesla I will do all your shit-work for 2 years to get back in the door. I should have taken my last hiring managers advice to hire on instead of contract... But then there was that $5,800.00/mo deduction from my pay that my Baby Mamma's lawyers strangled me with for over a year... ugh rough few years.

I built both model S production BMS testers (with help from Greg and 2000 of course)
Never spilt a bean of the protocol I know. Proof being it took like 5 years for someone to hack it.

I am so tired of being unemployed... Contracting sucks when it comes time to collect on invoices. Oh... How nice it is to get a paycheck.

I am almost ready to work for "the man" again if it means less money stress.

-methods

Back