US ebay seller doesnt ship to Canada - Can someone help?

markz

100 TW
I am wondering if someone can help me purchase 2 items from a seller in the USA, they do not ship to Canada.
Items are identical, 199L x 105W and 41H and weigh about 0.95kg

edit - I might add its on ebay. Also I will of course pay the forward shipping plus a bit extra for your time. Also thats what their ad states "They do not ship internationally" so I dont know how sticky those types of people are on that part of it. I am in Alberta Canada.

I figure with USPS Small Box Flat Rate is $25USD times two.
Priority Mail International® Small Flat Rate Box
USPS-Produced Box: 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
Maximum weight 4 pounds.
Select a Delivery Option Expected Delivery Day Retail Click-N-Ship®
Normal Delivery Time 6 - 10 business days to many major markets1,2 $24.95 $24.95

As an old man told me once..."Learn the hard way boy, you will remember it longer!"

It is bad enough trying to track stuff sent in the USA let alone once it is over the border. And with eBay if the shipping company either looses it or damages it then all kind of problems occur.

I never ship expensive items internationally because if they get lost, I may be on the hook for the money and without the item. A lost item means no money or item and refund problems because on eBay the customer is always right.

I have had items I sold on eBay disappear both domestically and internationally. Both times it cost me money. At least in the USA I can grapple with an insurance company.

Anyway if it doesn't work out with IW for some reason, PM me.

:D

A hiccup has occured.
I messaged the seller, the seller agree'd to ship the items to me with an updated S/H price.
But the ebay ad under shipping does not allow international shipping. So when I click to buy item, it reverts to a send seller a message, or continue and change address.

I asked the seller to send an invoice of both item price + total shipping ~$67USD. As the seller wanted me to buy the items on ebay, then I get an invoice for the S/H.

What are my options now?

Ask the seller to allow international shipping. Set up a time to coordinate his change in shipping and your purchase. Do it while talking over the phone?

:D

Back