Controller Info Needed

dwkayaks

10 mW
Ahoy All , My entry level Ebike has lost motor control . This problem started when I connected a new LiGo 36v 2.7 AH battery to boost my ebike range .

I started with multimeter test checks and didn't find any obvious problems . The throttle had its 36v and 4v going to it from the controller , but the controller didn't supply any motor voltage . Ok , I re-checked with the brake lever inhibiter control circuit wires disconnected from the controller, still no joy .
I emailed Edward Leyn thinking he might be able to supply a replacement controller , he sent a menu list of checks to perform , I did those checks that I could, but didn't have a spare throttle or spare controller to swap out for the test .

Since motor controllers can be purchased from the Chinese Co Ali Baba at around USD $ 15.00 , Ebay and Amazon lists them too , but the extended delivery times are way too long .
I did check the Grin Tech product info , but their controllers seem best suited for Direct Drive motors, instead of my BLDC geared hub motor.

This is peak riding season here in the PNW , and I need to get this problem fixed ASAP .

What next to do ? Should I phone local Ebike shops ? Do Ebike shops stock controllers to sell ? :(

Grin controllers will run a geared motor. just don't get to use the regen braking.

In the past, I've gotten a controller from e bay pretty quick, about 10 days.

Gee, a big T Y for your reply Dogman Dan . After watching that Utube vid of Court Rye's Deep Dive interview with Justin , I am inclined to think of Justin at Grin Tech as a electrical engineer Guru for Ebikes , and thus not approachable by newbies with grammar school questions or problems like mine . I was really surprised that Justin did reply to my query about extending my bike range by adding more batteries in parallel, so I purchased a LiGo batt from Grin to try .

BTW , the Asians I have met on my travels , believe , that your sole can only travel as fast as a dog can run , no wonder people have jet lag !

Back