New to the board - saying hi

atomistic

1 µW
Hi there all, I just registered and thought I'd introduce myself. I've got a few electric bike projects going on and thought it was time to join one of the communities that got me off the ground and commuting in style. Below is a photo of my current commuter and daily driver. I've got to say that while the Crystalyte journey kit may be a little dated, it is probably the easiest ways to take the plunge into e-bikes. I just found a nice Diamondback Racing Welded Carbon Fiber (WCF) frame from the 90's with a nice big triangle and slapped the kit on in about an hour. When it rained the controller would go full blast, but I've weatherproofed it and I ride in some of the thickest rain without a problem.

Anyway, I appreciate this forum and say thanks to all that share their experiences!

dscn1059.jpg

Hey thanks! I'll take some pics of the others in their current state. I've got a Felt Dirt Jump bike that I've got a BMC high torque motor on, but controller and batteries not mounted yet. I've been having a hard time deciding how to mount the batteries to it. I've become pretty adamant when it comes to battery placement, and would prefer if all my projects had a centrally located pack for center of gravity, balance, and stability. The issue is that the triangle is so small on the Felt that I may have to compromise. The newest donor bike I got (I've got about 6 bikes waiting for conversion. I have a real problem..) is a pretty sweet Chopper from WCC (don't know who manufactures it) that is going to get a Golden Motor that I'm pulling off of someones abandoned project.

I've put about 6 months of riding on my Diamondback, or roughly 2000 miles, riding it daily and as my only transportation. I hook a Bell trailer to it and barrel up hills with a full load at 15mph, with assistance from me legs. I can't say enough about e-bikes. Completely addicted...

Workplace parking lot...
parkingspotj.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of the Felt. I'm trying to find a way to make a battery case that attaches to the triangle and maintains the slick look of the bike.

img00053m.jpg

img00059rzw.jpg

have you seen the one guy on the forum who took a rear rack and turn it upside down and mounted it to the seat post with batteries attached. Looks like you could do that on your felt bike. Get one of those seat post mounted racks instead of the racks that mount to the lower wheel axle and flip it upside down and then move it to the mid-frame side and hang batteries from it and use your bottom tube to use as a rest for the batteries. Might work.

morph999 said:
have you seen the one guy on the forum who took a rear rack and turn it upside down and mounted it to the seat post with batteries attached. Looks like you could do that on your felt bike. Get one of those seat post mounted racks instead of the racks that mount to the lower wheel axle and flip it upside down and then move it to the mid-frame side and hang batteries from it and use your bottom tube to use as a rest for the batteries. Might work.

I did knock that idea around. Definitely worth a shot, especially since the top tube slopes down so much, giving me some room to work with. Thanks, I'll revisit this idea. :D

A

Back