Gloden motor battery.

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
k-harvey
100 W
100 W

Gloden motor battery.

Post by k-harvey » Dec 01, 2017 9:06 pm

Ive been offered a golden motor 36v battery 15 ah ,, very small , so that seems too bigger ah for size . thes are made for I think 300w motors & I intend to fit to my cyclone (960w if 36v) does any have tried this as to me I'd say the BMS woldnt handle the current once going up hill. Do these golden motor BMS 's have excess capability beyond what they are made for or are they just adiquite & not up to going beyond the 300w.

markz
10 GW
10 GW

Re: Gloden motor battery.

Post by markz » Dec 02, 2017 12:46 am

If you are getting the battery for free, then take it, otherwise its gotta be real cheap to gamble on it.

Is it a Lithium Ion or LiFePO?

From the looks of the Goldenmotor.ca website, the 36V are rated for 30A ah but I did see one that was 25A, so yeah 900W-1080W is fine. 10 cans in series and then 4 in parallel. If I am not mistaken the controller is inside the motor, you can use an external controller if you wish. Any of the ebay 36V controller would be ok.

If you can, open up the pack and see what 18650 cans are being used. Maybe its just a matter of tearing off a bit of the heat shrink from one end. Or opening up the hard case. Its better to do that anyways so you can inspect each can and the bms.

Take lots of pictures and post them up here and we can help you! :mrgreen: