Ed's List of Your Best Vehicles

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.
edcastrovalley
1 kW
1 kW

Ed's List of Your Best Vehicles

Post by edcastrovalley » Dec 03, 2017 7:13 pm

Since Global Warming is such a HUGE hoax, and I do mean huge, I want to make a list of the best cars and trucks in terms of reliability, safety, performance and cost.

These will be the best vehicles you can get. Vehicles here must burn some kind of fossil fuel to make the list. This will be beautiful.

Best Sub Compact: Prius C.

Best Mid Size: Prius Prime. The Chevy Volt and Ford C Max is a close 2nd.

Best Mini Van: Prius V.

Best Pickup Truck: A Prius with a trailer.

Best 4 door Pickup: A Prius V with a trailer.

Best 4x4 Suv: Prius V with electronic stability control. Why have all that extra mechanical drive train when electronics are 10x
more reliable?

Feel free to add to the list in since I'm sure I've missed something. This will be a big help for millions of people out there and I do mean big. :mrgreen:

dogman dan
100 GW
100 GW

Re: Ed's List of Your Best Vehicles

Post by dogman dan » Dec 13, 2017 8:31 am

I'd love to see your prius and trailer carry a hot air balloon and 12 people to crew it at the balloon fiesta. for that you need a one ton, double cab truck. Six inside, six more riding inside the balloon basket, or perched on the envelope bag. On chase just 9, so three still in the truck bed.

If I had a prius, it would be a bit tight for me, the wife, and two st bernards. I could of course make a dog trailer.

But yeah, most people don't have a 35 foot trailer, or hot air balloon. Prius or other small car and trailer works fine to bring home some furniture, 5 sheets of plywood, etc.

Right now my fleet is pretty optimum for me, 4x4 covered by my Subaru forester, which can haul up to 2000 pounds of trailer weight. Sure, its no prius, but it does a lot for a smaller car. For big loads, I just got a long van that can pull up to a 25 foot rv, or a load of gravel on a trailer. Lumber and stuff slides right into the van easy, even with 4 seats inside. Its a total gas hog, but hey, two buck gas these days, and it doesn't drive far unless I'm going camping. Stupid to drive it around town much, so we don't do that.

DAND214
1 GW
1 GW

Post by DAND214 » Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm

You must own a Prius.

Dan

edcastrovalley
1 kW
1 kW

Post by edcastrovalley » Dec 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Yes, I have a 2007 Prius. In fact we have two 2007's, one a nicely loaded type 5 with navigation, hands free phone, etc. and then a base model for my two older boys in which we bought used for a reasonably good deal. The main reason I bought the first Pruis was I liked the technology with the electric motors and battery system and the way it was laid out. Then a couple of people with the first generation Pruises (Prii) had battery failures which the press here in the states got a hold of and broadcasted over and over to the point that people were beginning to think that battery failures were happening to everyone of them, and thus, sales slowed. By 2007 I knew the technology was pretty bulletproof with Toyota being the manufacturer and Toyota being very sensitive to any battery problems so I took the leap. I've had the car almost 11 years with almost no problems, only a couple of recalls for the famous floor mat hoopla and one other minor thing.

The cars have been great for us. My in-laws have a cabin down in San Diego about 500 miles away and it is quiet often that all 5 of us pile in a Prius drive down and back for two fill ups costing around $25 to $27 each and when we get home I still have gas to drive to work for a few days.

I guess what prompted me to start this thread was a few guys at work started buying these cars at some end of year clearances with zero percent financing and all. One guy had been commuting for the last 10 years in a minivan by himself spending $500 per month and now spends $100. Then he convinced another guy who was driving an Infinity that required premium fuel and he bought the top of the line Prius Prime and loves it. And a third is leasing a prius right now.

Alan B
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Alan B » Dec 13, 2017 2:11 pm

The Prius V is much larger than the prius. Fold the back seats down, we have 6 feet of bed. Plenty for large dogs.

But it is not a minivan. It is a small station wagon. Not in the minivan class or SUV class. It is smaller than the Toyota 4Runner inside.

Our Prius V AVERAGES 43 mpg. Completely amazing for the size and capacity vehicle it is.

Great vehicle.

Not rated to tow, as I recall.

Just not competitive with the 4Runner that will tow 5-7K, or our Avalanche 2500 that will tow 10-12K.

We drive the Electric Leaf and the Prius V for anything we can. We use the 4Runner or the Avalanche when we need to tow or carry a lot.