TDCM bottom bracket pedal sensor installation

travaglione

10 µW
I’m struggling with understanding the installation of the TDCM bottom bracket petal sensor installation.
I studied the instructions and videos from both Grin Teck and TCDM motor and endless sphere. To me, it seems like the crucial point is the alignment and orientation of the bottom bracket in the bottom bracket housing. I can see how you can make the two marks on the bottom bracket housing as it relates to the fork in the rear dropouts as instructed in the written instructions. It doesn’t seem that the bottom bracket sensor itself has any marks on it itself that can be seen externally. I understand that the orientated orientation has something to do with the notch on the bottom bracket that connects into the screw in cap. In the video that I got from TDCM motors which is in Chinese making it difficult to understand and expensive to translate. There is only one Mark on the bottom bracket housing that seems to relate to the bottom bracket sensor pin Bearing relationship line up. Any suggestions on how to learn how this bottom bracket is correctly installed

Paul

Best bet if this is unclear is simply to contact Grin.

I've never installed one of these, but here's a manual I have on the installation that seems pretty clear. You have two things to align:
  • the sensor in the BB shell so chain tension pulls against the sensor in the correct direction and
  • the crank on the taper so the innards apply force to the sensor correctly.

So there are two things to line up:
  • the pin on the housing and
  • the indentation of the shaft taper.
According to this manual, both the pin and indent need to be aligned forward and 180 degrees away from a line from BB to rear axle.

Here's some shots from the doc as well as the doc itself.

View attachment TDCMGuide.pdf

sensorRefPt.png

sensorRefPt2.png

sensorRefPt3.png

sensorRefPt4.png

crankRefPt.png

The last image clearly shows the red forward mark on the BB shell and the forward-facing indent on the taper.

Back