Military Spending

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Sad comment on human existence... Without, could feed the world. Ebikes for EVerybuddy!

`Kay. Show of hands... Who does NOT have some relations or ancestors in their background? Or isn't military themselves? `Course, governments make great clothes and stuff... :mrgreen: While in my own family, MANY generations of military... Had ancestors fighting in 1815, one a Welsh gunner for the English, another an officer - and three sons - fighting for the French...around a little town "Waterloo" in todays Belgium. But I decided decades ago that "the pen is mightier than the sword"... and that NObuddy "benefits" from warring `cept folks in business... and some politicians... Another ancestor/newspaper owner got himself voted into the Canadian Parliament... and in the daze leading up and into the first "World War" was Minister of Militia in charge of the Canadian army...
Military_Expenditure.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

footloose said:
Sincere congratulations to Canadians on not making this "top 15" list.

:mrgreen:

My father (at the bottom Navy... his father Army... HIS father Army... HIS father Army... goes on and on. [sigh]
hughes_wsp-3.jpg

^^ That's a WOW. GO Canada!... urp. something like that... I guess...
Defense_GDP.jpg

:roll:

Apparently the Saudis "have issues"... EVerybuddy buy more fossil fuels from Saudi... or buy an ebike. :mrgreen:

So if Iran's 90% increase is on their $12.3 billion a year then they'll reach into that top 15. But there's some question, they also spend a lot of money on the wars of others, does that come from the military budget or is that separate? They were already at 3% GDP, should have been on that list already.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/iran-increases-its-military-budget-in-response-to-nationwide-protests/article/2647541

Lessee... Should we spend a billion of taxpayers money on food or health care... or "defense"? Decisions... decisions... OMG! We might be attacked by [insert some tiny/"backwater" country name here]! (These daze, North Korea is "scary"...) My Canadian father was junior officer in a warship patrolling off North Korea when *I* was born in 1953... HE was born in northern India (Quetta, in now Pakistan) when HIS father was attached to the English army... sorry. British Army... keeping an eye on those wiley Pathans from Afganistan... watt makes me laugh at English jokes... and may explain why I have to be careful telling "bad" jokes on the `Sphere or elsewhere...
[youtube]dbrrdkKgHT0[/youtube]

As a Canadian taxpayer, my vote is to divert some "military" spending to buying BionX. :mrgreen:

LockH said:
Lessee... Should we spend a billion of taxpayers money on food or health care... or "defense"?

A billion dollars spent on defense IS spent on food and healthcare and. . . .

In fact, it is $5 BILLION spent on food, healthcare, whatnot. Not just those actively engaged in the military but for those employed at all the contractors, vendors, just the local stores where all those people live, etc. THAT is the real story. Of course we live in a time where people want to cover up the truth and pretend their complaints are valid.

So in this book the author talks about the dogma in his religious upbringing caused him to not go to church. Basically the left has gone that bad of late, exhibiting the same pathological approach but obsessing on seeking social conflict. But what can you do about willful ignorance?

https://www.amazon.com/Maps-Meaning-Architecture-Jordan-Peterson/dp/0415922224/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520821486&sr=8-1&keywords=maps+of+meaning&dpID=41B9EkcayxL&preST=_SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

41B9EkcayxL._AC_US327_QL65_.jpg

^^ Hehe... V.Good point... SO much "military" budget spent on food, clothing, shelter... (used to be the "Big Three", before electric bikes came along...) :mrgreen:

Was thinking of the monies to buy weapons... ICBMs... chemicals... various bullets and shells... etc... and etc... watt have zero use except to inflict injury and death? Sorry, guess wasn't clear.

Back