The great ebike season is begining YEAH !!

Doctorbass

100 GW
I just want to say i'm happy with this great time about ebike that seems started again in canada since winter end and spring is began...

During winter, ebike discussion and project had pretty low activity.. and at some momement i wondered is it was like dead...

Now since few weeks there is alot of new members, great projects and inovatins and new great part suppliers...

What a nice community we are!! :wink:

My ebike is still sleeping in the garage but i may wake it up soon!... I was workig on many projects like Battery testing, new theory about motor winding capability and drag bike projects and ... soon a TV show spot about me and my ebike !.. I want people around Quebec to discover how grat custom ebike built can be so interesting and to show what can be the performances! Coming soon!!

I have so many projects that i bought a 2 x 3' board to put all idea, to do list and schedule for battery testing.

This Summer ebike season will be amazing!! :mrgreen:

Doc

Doc-

I love the positive attitude and enthusiasm :p I'm pretty new here, but I think this is a very unique and special community. Unlike many forums, most everyone here is respectful and extremely generous!

See you around the forums.

Cheers,

G

Doc, the ebike "season" isn't any different than regular pedal bike "season". Even in the middle of winter in Vancouver, if the streets are clear (which they mostly are), it's not raining or freezing cold, you'll see people on bicycles. When the weather gets nasty, we're not talking -30 degrees, you see far fewer cyclists of any stripe but hard core.

I never rode a bike during the 2 years, 8 months, 26 and a half days I lived in la belle provence though I noticed them in greater profusion in some neighbourhoods during fair weather

It always surprises me that this region (Cascadia) has more bicycle commuters than many flatter, warmer and drier cities. There's a "bike culture" here that keeps us going through all the seasons.

What I missed most on Valentines Day while living in Montreal was searching for cherry blossoms. Spring seemed to happen over night but summer was mercifully short.

This year the cherry blossoms are late arriving but there's a pink aura about the trees where the buds are ripening. Daffodils are blooming in the sunny spots. The lawn could stand trimming.

It's fantastic here in later spring when the cherry blossoms fall and carpet the streets with pink petals. With enough blossoms left on the trees and plenty dropped everywhere else, the air takes on a pink hue that is undescribable

We get a different color here from the trees, a lot of the white blossom leaves fall from the trees, and then it looks like it just snowed again, but it's just the pedals everywhere. It's cool, but can also cover up the roads, you can't see where to drive, LOL.

Rain comes in, usually washes it all away (or clogs up).

There is no bike season :wink:
china-bicycle-snow-vance.jpg

Well ok there is for most people who aren't up to the task of putting on a set of earmuffs and some studded tires.

I can't wait. I hurt my shoulder right when it got warmer. sucks. I got a new 5303 hub motor. I can't wait to go out with it.

I get to ride my E-bike all winter (if you can call winter, winter in San Diego). I do have a project E-bike waiting for the longer days so I will have enough time to work on it. Should be a fun summer project and fun riding.

Yee-haw 8)

Deron.

Oh it certainly has begun... still a few feet of packed ice on my front lawn but even with that i have one bike in my kitchen getting a rear eZee fitted for a customer in Moncton, i have an adult trike " Tri Rider " that will get a front 4011 in 24" with a ping pack.. a guy from Sussex is dropping off 2 bikes this morning and my RC drive from Matt is in the mail.. should be an exciting season !

Winters out here are no go.. i can handle the cold but the slushy iced over ruts and the half lanes make it a suicide mission.. not to mention the amount of salt they coat the roads with out here.. sucketh.. but good times ahead !

Ypedal said:
Oh it certainly has begun... still a few feet of packed ice on my front lawn but even with that i have one bike in my kitchen getting a rear eZee fitted for a customer in Moncton, i have an adult trike " Tri Rider " that will get a front 4011 in 24" with a ping pack.. a guy from Sussex is dropping off 2 bikes this morning and my RC drive from Matt is in the mail.. should be an exciting season !

Winters out here are no go.. i can handle the cold but the slushy iced over ruts and the half lanes make it a suicide mission.. not to mention the amount of salt they coat the roads with out here.. sucketh.. but good times ahead !

It seems we live in a similar region :lol: !.. it still snow here.. that white carpet shit...

Your project with the tricke and the 4011 and the RC motor wil be very interesting!

Doc

Doctorbass said:
I just want to say i'm happy with this great time about ebike that seems started again in canada since winter end and spring is began...

During winter, ebike discussion and project had pretty low activity.. and at some momement i wondered is it was like dead...

Now since few weeks there is alot of new members, great projects and inovatins and new great part suppliers...

My ebike is still sleeping in the garage but i may wake it up soon!... I was workig on many projects like Battery testing, new theory about motor winding capability and drag bike projects and ... soon a TV show spot about me and my ebike !.. I want people around Quebec to discover how grat custom ebike built can be so interesting and to show what can be the performances! Coming soon!!

I have so many projects that i bought a 2 x 3' board to put all idea, to do list and schedule for battery testing.

Doc

Hey Doc,
If I was still in Ste-Foy I'd be another Quebec ebike nut whipping up and down the new path along Blvd Champlain. But, while I do miss the 2m tall snow banks alot, I do like the longer season in southern Ontario. Oh well, take what you can get eh!
Anyway, the season is (what I would call) full gear right now, I've really got to get my controller finished!

smithinparis said:
Doctorbass said:

Doc

Hey Doc,
If I was still in Ste-Foy I'd be another Quebec ebike nut whipping up and down the new path along Blvd Champlain. But, while I do miss the 2m tall snow banks alot, I do like the longer season in southern Ontario. Oh well, take what you can get eh!
Anyway, the season is (what I would call) full gear right now, I've really got to get my controller finished!

Are you livbing in Ontario or Quebec.. Did you moved?

I agree Blvr champlain's new cycle path at 75km/h during the night of summer 2008 was awsome!!!
Now i have my HD camera.. i'll be happy to take few vid this spring and summer! :wink:

I grew up literally a few blocks away from Blvd Champlain but moved to go to University several years ago - before they put in that great trail. I've since been back to visit family and been on the trail (not with my bike though) :(. One day I will ... I'll have to save that for when I can do 75km/h too! :D
So yes, I moved away and now living in Ontario, but miss Quebec a lot!

... Oh and where are you going to put an HD Camera on your bike? ... We've all seen pictures of your dashboard! :shock:

smithinparis said:
I grew up literally a few blocks away from Blvd Champlain but moved to go to University several years ago - before they put in that great trail. I've since been back to visit family and been on the trail (not with my bike though) :(. One day I will ... I'll have to save that for when I can do 75km/h too! :D
So yes, I moved away and now living in Ontario, but miss Quebec a lot!

... Oh and where are you going to put an HD Camera on your bike? ... We've all seen pictures of your dashboard! :shock:

To be fair.. I still really dont know where i'll put it... probably i'll try many zone.. but what i like is to install it to give the maximum speed feeling to the viewer... and to be able to show the dashboaard while going fast or acceleration.

I hope to have the chance to meet you when you will comeback!.. this is not very difficult to me to join you everywhere 20km around Quebec city in couples of minutes =)
I meet Justin here and that was very nice!

Doc

But but... the great ebiking season is winter. For example the ratio of ebikes to bicycles is perhaps ~4 times greater in winter then summer, the way your average speed in summer pretty much becomes your top speed in winter makes putting up with an ebike more appealing for it. Also riding in winter is a lot more fun then in summer, in summer the roads are always the same day after day after day, sometimes it rains or you get too hot if you move much at all... Bleh. Besides this is the time of year motorists become more hostile beacause of the fair weather cyclists who come out and break road rules in ways that cause motorists who are in their right to have to take some sort of evasive action. So, I would rather argue that the great ebike season is ending, and that doubleplus sucks because I didn't really get to enjoy it this year.

This being said my bro came to get his ebike out of storage today. I got a mouthful of stale gas getting it to run again, but it turns out fresh gas was all it needed. It's got quite a few loose parts tho.
View attachment IMG_6911.jpg
View attachment IMG_6912.jpg

Mathurin said:
But but... the great ebiking season is winter. For example the ratio of ebikes to bicycles is perhaps ~4 times greater in winter then summer, the way your average speed in summer pretty much becomes your top speed in winter makes putting up with an ebike more appealing for it. Also riding in winter is a lot more fun then in summer, in summer the roads are always the same day after day after day, sometimes it rains or you get too hot if you move much at all... Bleh. Besides this is the time of year motorists become more hostile beacause of the fair weather cyclists who come out and break road rules in ways that cause motorists who are in their right to have to take some sort of evasive action. So, I would rather argue that the great ebike season is ending, and that doubleplus sucks because I didn't really get to enjoy it this year.

This being said my bro came to get his ebike out of storage today. I got a mouthful of stale gas getting it to run again, but it turns out fresh gas was all it needed. It's got quite a few loose parts tho.
View attachment 1

Mathurin... :roll: ... are you serious? :lol:

Ebike in winter.. I've tried this alot of time last year.. but i dont like it as during the summer where the road are more safe!!

I quebec.. the budget to remove snow is decreasing over years and snow qty is still enormous!.. I just can't appreciate as much as summer.. sorry Math.. but on this i really sont agree.. unless you would talk about electric snowmobile or snowtrack...

Also here in quebec.. As you know they use salt instead of sand to add grip on the road ice.. so that make ebike frame to corrode very faster!!.. it take a carefull cleanup and lubrification step every time you come back...

I agree with you about the fun we can get on some ride.. like during snow storm and the wheel spinning etc...

Doc

Having the power to assist with getting the bike through "white sludge" is what prompted me to keep the bike on the road all winter. Didn't get out as often as I'd have liked - but with the studded tires, the bike was never parked for more than a week. It'll make a big difference to how I feel about the onset of NEXT winter, knowing that I'm not "done" because the snow is coming...

Actually, when it comes to enjoyable biking weather, I'm almost dreading the frikkin' humidity and jungle-like days we get here in July/early August more than I disliked this last winter... Then again, I could add more battery and stop pedaling (but I *like* to pedal).

Back