The Tiny Homes on Wheels (THOW) thread

Government spends $57K on every person in the DTES; $120K on every provincial prisoner annually; $200K+ on every federal prisoner annually. So, why can't we just give them Tiny Homes, or at least allow Tiny Homes in Metro Vancouver?

There are Tiny Homes on Wheels on bikes! ..could be better with hub motors??
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tiny+home+bicycle&t=opera&iax=images&ia=images

However, there are many hurdles to Tiny Homes in Metro Vancouver, including land siting, $500-$900/monthly pad rentals, water, seweage, electricity. Could people here chime in with solutions?

Some people don't want smart meters and especially the new smart water meters being rolled out already in Richmond, BC. (The RF for the smart water meters cannot be blocked by TDK's graphite blocks, unlike most RF. We did some testing years ago, as well.) And, then, there's the 5G RF .. so, many good reasons to be away from cell towers' RF, which two weeks ago, was admitted to be causing cancer.

Can we please hear from you? Endless Sphere is a great forum because it's not FB, which even Elon Musk say, to "delete".

.. your turn.

Ebikes with Tiny Homes:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tiny+home+ebike&t=opera&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

Tiny homes on wheels. You want to open trailer home parks in Vancouver. . . .

4LivesPerGallon said:
Government spends $57K on every person in the DTES. . . .

Meaning the notorious Vancouver DownTown EastSide? I understand it to be close to $20k a year, with no improvement in sight. Billions in redevelopment where nothing developed.

But you're merely proposing another boondoggle. Tiny houses won't mean anything unless you move people OUT of DownTown EastSide. As long as they're crowded there, it won't accomplish anything even if you DO find a place to put them. Decrowding might be good for those who go, but the space will be filled by newcomers.

The city government of Los Angeles is just DYING to tear down some of the apartment buildings and put in high rises with tiny rooms. Twice as many units, 3 times as many, think of the TAXES. Let alone the fees per unit on the development, looking at miscellaneous info on this sounds like each category of permit is several percentage points of the cost of building is the permit fees. Will it add up to 20%. Oh, the SUGAR RUSH for the politicians if the earthquake would just knock down some of the 13,500 buildings that are at risk because of the design. Once the bodies have been cleared away the City gets to start calling the developers 'Sugar Daddy.' http://netinfo.ladbs.org/feecalc.nsf

But if you live in LA, you don't benefit, the City Council is careful to ensure it is to THEIR benefit only. That's what will happen with 'Tiny Houses' in Vancouver. You ask 'How could it HURT anything?' I answer they are politicians, they'll find a way. Because that's what it takes for them to benefit.

Thanks for putting this together, as a discussion space!
Seems to me that tiny homes would be good on individual lots - like a laneway house. That is how I envision it, as well as 'tiny villages' . Tiny house villages certainly appeal more to me than co-op housing, but they do take up more land as you can only go so high. That is why I envision tiny homes as laneway houses (I know this defeats the village idea, but I'm sure that only certain areas of Vancouver would allow this anyhow, so the village would still exist, just not on one plot of land, more spread out. That appeals to me, anyhow!
Seems like it would provide more flexibility for both landowner and 'pad tenant'. Eventually, I wouldn't be surprised, given
Vancouver demand for land seems ever increasing, that lots would be divided up and the laneway house land portion would be for sale.

Back