Sensorless Motor Control

man, this is the stuff everybody should be posting up. i prefer the way you did the youtube, just open in a new tab, but the page loads faster without the youtube imbed.

i assume this is an industrial motor application? ECM means electronic motor control?

can you talk about how open loop really works, and how your controller's process is different?

i expect maybe it is proprietary, so maybe you are limited in how much you can talk about this stuff.

but just wondering if we could go back and look at the other sensorless hacks. maybe i should order one from keywin and look at it too. would be neat to come up with a DIY solution originating on the sphere

Design a 100A controller with that kind of performance to interface with a brushless R/C motor like the Astroflight 3210 or the HXT 80-100-B and I'll buy it! No questions asked!

OK, but I need proportional control using a 0-5k potentiometer and I'm intending on running at about 40 - 50VDC. Apparently the HXT 80-100-B peaks at 6500W, so what, 170A? Do-able?

Yes, startup is everything.

From the video, I assume that the startup is not really open loop.
I'd sure be interested in knowing more about the algorithm, but I suspect that is a highly guarded secret.

How about a 'brain' unit that can interface to the power section of your choice?

How wide of a supply voltage range does it have without needing hardware changes?

Back