Yamaha : The Future is Electric

Yamaha Next Generation ebike mid-drive motor E-Mountainbike in Action :
[youtube]XVWnMCNBoV8[/youtube]
Bildschirmfoto-2013-07-18-um-12.23.53.png

http://www.eurobike-show.com/eb-en/press/exhibitors-releases-detail.php?ListeID=1338&sMode=detail

05/08/2013 - GIANT ALLIED WITH YAMAHA TO BUILD THE BEST RIDING E-BIKE

GIANT works with Yamaha to bring new generation SyncDrive Central motor technology to 2014 e-bikes.

Giant, the world leader in cycling technology, is unveiling its 2014 e-bike lineup and introducing our partnership with Yamaha Motor Corporation for new motor technology.
Giant insists on providing suitable e-bikes for various usages. Giant engineers study how people ride their e-bikes and to think what ideal e-bikes should be, seeking the best combination between cycling and electric power. The result is Giant develops three motor systems for different applications—SyncDrive Front, SyncDrive Rear, and specially introducing new generation SyncDrive Central with Yamaha collaboration.
Based on Yamaha’s successful experience in motor, Yamaha built an excellent worldwide reputation for performance and quality for years. Starts from 2011, Giant worked with Yamaha to develop an ideal central power system for e-bike. After a long time close cooperation, Giant believes their goal can be achieved soon—a central drive e-bike with best riding feel. It’s empowered by new generation SyncDrive Central.
The new generation SyncDrive Central features 3.5 kg lightweight, up to 60 Nm torque, and precise four sensor detection for establishing higher standard in e-bike industry. Any dynamic factor is considered—torque, speed, cadence, and motor rotation. In addition, the features ultra silent and most compact size of SyncDrive Central also sets a new standard for central drive power unit. In 2014, Giant launches three brand new e-bike series—Prime E+ for city, Explore E+ for city/trekking, and Full E+ for trail.

LockH said:

thanks for the link:) I was looking for that so i could keep all the Yamaha stuff together (should have checked my own posts :mrgreen: )..

considering how many years it took for KTM and Alta (BRD) to bring their electric motorcycle prototypes to market, I'm willing to cut Yamaha and Harley some slack;) ..

I think i remember reading back then some 5 years ago that Yamaha planned to dominate the electric motorcycle market by 2020.. so only 3 more years to go until total domination.. :lol:

^^ "Problem" maybe... "The Competition" is already "hitting the streets"... throwing money at bettery-electric traction. :mrgreen: (Better "keep up"...) :mrgreen:

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
Yamaha Electric TY-E Trial Bike : :mrgreen

Very impressive, Yamaha reputation for reliability should make that an appealing bike for a lot of people.

Motorcycle Magazine:

"As well as an AC electric motor and lithium-ion battery pack, the TY-E features a conventional clutch. That’s unusual on an electric bike, but for trials it’s vital to give the control the rider needs.
To keep weight to a minimum, the TY-E features a carbon-fibre monocoque chassis. The batteries sit inside the frame itself. It’s incredibly strong and light, helping the whole machine weigh under 70kg."

TY-E specifications
Overall Length x Width x Height: 2,003mm x 830mm x 1,130mm
Wheelbase: 1,310mm
Minimum Ground Clearance: 350mm
Vehicle Weight: Less than 70kg
Engine Type: AC synchronous electric motor
Auxiliary Battery Type: Lithium-ion battery
Clutch Type: Hydraulic, Wet, Multi-plate
Frame Type: CFRP Monocoque

Back