DC motors over 10 killowatt

I checked out that Briggs and Stratton Eek motor. Was not impressed with the specs. 10 horsepower. The Motenergy motor I posted is 15 minimum 30 max
And only $650. I want to get one for the Currie e zip trails. Check out my extremely large 20+ page post on it here on ES. I plan on removing the MY 1020
Motor. doubling up the mounting brackets and mounting the Motenergy motor. What controller will I need. I will mount 3 - 15 Ah SLAs in the frame and 3
LIFEPO4s in the front basket. It will weigh about 100 pounds + me at 250pounds ut hopefully closer to 225 when it happens. How fast will it go in the quarter mile. Can somebody do a graph on it. The Briggs and Stratton motor don't look like it can do 110 in the quarter mile. How much horse power is required to go 100+ mph in the quarter mile. Please let me know. Latecurtis out.

Checked again and did not see anything better than the Motenergy. Show me something. And let me know what the Motenergy motor is capable of in the 1320
Shuffle (quarter mile) LOL. Latecurtis out.

I am waiting for a response. I know that the controller and gearing are important but first I want to know if the Motenergy motor is the highest output motor for a drag racing e bike. Is there
a hub motor that has higher output. The briggs and Stratton Eteck I saw were all around 10 horsepower. The Motenergy motor is more than double that. I want to know if there is a 40 or 50 horsepower continuous output motor out there under 50 pounds that can be installed in the triangle of a bike or a hub motor with that level of output which will fit on a bike. I just want to see how craze an ebike can get. I want a 10 second e bike. LOL. Show me something. I want to see specs and maybe a graph or something. I am interested in any e bike set up which may out perform a 2 cycle dirt bike.
I know what they are capable of. I saw one wipe out in the middle of the street and drag a poor guy about 30 feet. he was hanging on the handlebars being drug down the road like a rag doll. 2 strokes
are sick. The torque and power are legendary. To see a DC electric motor surpass a two stroke in torque and power to me is awesome and I love being part of the electric motor revolution.

Sincerely Latecurtis.

http://www.electricmotorsport.com/ev-parts/motors/brushed-motors/sm300.html

Obviously too heavy for an e bike. I don't understand why the weight more than triples for that motor compared to the other Motenergy motor. Still looking for the perfect drag racing DC motor. :mrgreen:

http://cngoldenmotor.en.alibaba.com/product/432718746-210474286/brushless_dc_motor_10kw_to_20kw_48V_to_144V_high_pwoer_and_high_efficiency.html

Looking for horsepower specs on this. 20 Kilowatts looks good but is it better than the Motenergy motor?

http://www.400hertz.net/Products/ME-450.htm

At 46 pounds it is within the limits I am setting for e bike drag racing. However will the torque and efficiency make it a higher output motor than the Motenergy? :?:

Water cooled. That's a problem. Now do you see how hard it is to find a better motor than the Motenergy. :evil:

What is the highest output DC motor that will hook up to an e bike that is under 50 pounds?

Basically in drag racing there are different classifications. Stock, Modified, Super modified. ect.

If there are no weight limits then I guess a 100 pound motor could be mounted into the triangle of a bicycle. But for my thought and purposes I prefer to have a 50 pound limit on the weight of the motor for now. So we will start with that. And I appreciate any intelligent answers pertaining to the above question. Thanks Latecurtis out. :eek:

That motenergy won't give you what you're seeking. When pumped with a ton of current they disappoint, likewise the datasheet is radically over optimistic BS.

The first motor that's handled everything I've fed it and asked for more has been the >2013 Zero motor. This is from a guy who has burned up a dozen of the alternatives claiming to be hot shit.

hanks for that information dude. I will look that up now. How does that golden motor rate. Will it Handel 144 volts and 20 kilowatts.
If so what is the horsepower at that power level?

Could not find any information on it. 0 motorcycles and stuff. Trinity killshot motors come up but no specs on them I think they are low end motors around a kilowatt or 2 maybe , not what I Am looking for. I will keep looking.

Thunder motors keep coming up also but they look like their for racing toys not e bikes. No specs on them either.

Golden motors make several 8 to 20 kilowatt models from 48 to 72 volts about under $1000. I saw controllers for them also. Again how do they rate?
Still have not found information on the 0 motor. I want an 11 second bike also. Only thing is I might be too scared to ride it. LOL.
How scared were you when you first did over 100 mph in 1320 feet on a bicycle. :shock:

I wonder if GE makes a high end motor under 50 pounds. I will check on it now'

I FOUND A 70 POUND motor rated at 30 to 70 horsepower. Can't list it with this tablet. Too heavy anyway. I really like to keep the weight under 50 pounds for an e bike. 100 pounds for a motorcycle but I am not building a motorcycle. I want an 11 second bike. Really like a 10 second one but probably scared to get on a 15 second one LOL.

Just got done with Turkey dinner. It looks like Tony Romeo would rather be sitting in front of a big turkey right now. LOL
It looks like e bikes will achieve orbit before Dallas goes to the Superbowl again. That's why I went to the Patriots 11 years ago. If something don't happen this year I might drop them also. LOL. I would like to see some horsepower and torque curves on those Golden motors. Also would like to see that mysterious 2013 0 motor. Where is it. I will be at the library tomorrow
Show me please. I want to see that beast with some specs. Latecurtis out

Libeforphysics. Don't worry if I ever do manage to build anything that fast I probably wont have the
Courage to race it anyway. I'll let you race it first. I will have to build up to something like that. I will have to start at partial throttle and work my way up. Are there any tracks where e bikes can race and do practice runs.I live in upstate NY. You?

Let me know. Latecurtis out.

39.6832 pounds. That is truly amazing. I'm totally in awe of the power. would this actually work for an e bike. How can that much power and torque be controlled ?
Do they even make a controller for something like that that will work on a bike ? What would it do in a quarter mile ? Wish DrkAngel would put it on a graph. LOL.
You were right it will keep me busy for awhile. Thanks Latecurtis out.

Keep in mind, a motor can only output as much power as you put into it from the battery.
So, if you want 100+kW output, you need a battery that can feed that much power !
In other words, although the motor may only weigh 40 lb, the battery needed to power it would weigh many times that !
Something like 100s of 20Ahr , 60C, LiPo cells !
It becomes a very heavy bike !

Yasa's are exceptional motors. I spoke with the Sevcon engineer who tuned them as to where he was able to get them, and he says they really deliver and will deliver continuously (plumbed to adequate cooling).

That's like the most ideal electric motorcycle motor available in the world today if your objective is superbike racing, or isle of man TTX.

If you put that baby Yasa in a dirtbike chassis stuffed with 130C nano-tech's and 2 size6 sevcon controllers, it would be a capably powertrained machine.

My next question is how would it bolt up ? It is not a hub motor or is it? It does not look like any motor I ever saw.
I am still in awe though of it. To say that it would be a real hairy ride on an e bike would be an understatement to say the least. Next question is how many batteries would it need to do the quarter mile in 10 seconds and is it physically for a bicycle to go that fast? thanks Latecurtis.

Any new information on that motor? Has anybody hooked one up to a bicycle yet or is it just a motorcycle application? Please let me know. Thanks Latecurtis.

I think you need to spend more time reading about high power builds and get some experience with something manageable. Putting more than 10kw on a bicycle frame and you better know what you're doing. That's yasa is 180kw capable. Get some experience. Building a mid drive of a couple kw first. You are trying to break records with no experience.

Back