Kelly Controller KLS-H Unreliable Throttle Question

Hashfiction

1 µW
Hello All! I've done quite a gander through this form and others to look for the problem that I am encountering now, to no avail. So here I am posting my question here, I hope someone might be able to pipe in with some advice/help. Anything is very much appreciated.

About the System:
Contorller: Kelly KLS-7230-H Brushless DC Controller 24v-72v
Motor: ME0201014201 BLDC 24v-72v
Battery Pack: Salvaged Nissan Leaf Cells for a Nominal 48v Capacity
Magura Pot Twist Grip Throttle 0-5k

The Problem:
I am able to proceed with regular startup, no error codes. When I twist the throttle the RPM Shoots up directly to 2470 RPM even though I have the max rpm set to 1000 (as you can see in the picture below). There is no ramping up, or throttling; All or Nothing! The throttle values themselves seem to be consistent proceeding from around 8 to 255 in a linear way. I am getting .14v with no throttle on the sensor wires and 5.3v with full throttle. The throttle also reads a consistently linear 0-5k ohms when twisted.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? Any advice is very much appreciated! And let me know if you need more information on the setup.

Bill

Attachments

• KLSH readings.jpg
    KLSH readings.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 587
  • KLSH readings2.jpg
    KLSH readings2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 587
  • KLSH readings3.jpg
    KLSH readings3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 587
Did you do the Hall Angle identification?

I've had that happen once after swapping my tire and I reconnected the phase wires in a different order.

Back