Sur ron Road Version Max Speed

elik1111

100 W
My bike won't go faster than 50 kmh. How can I change the speed limit? Anybody knows?

elik1111 said:
My bike won't go faster than 50 kmh. How can I change the speed limit? Anybody knows?

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/knowledge-base/surron/67934-sur-ron-modifications-adjustments-tips-tricks

explains the required mod

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/knowledge-base/surron/67934-sur-ron-modifications-adjustments-tips-tricks

Thx, found the wire and cut it. It's fast and amazing now.

Should the front and rear light be on the whole time, day and night?
I can't see any control switch for the lights.

elik1111 said:
Thx, found the wire and cut it. It's fast and amazing now.

Should the front and rear light be on the whole time, day and night?
I can't see any control switch for the lights.

yes, (well mine is) but i'll be putting in a switch to turn them off when not needed - ill take some photo's when i do (waiting on a nuke controller upgrade to arrive)

In some markets, having the lights wired on was/is a legal requirement.

My country had the rule for safety reasons, in recent years they dropped it but many manufacturers still seem to sell the hard wired headlights.
I guess if it's just easier to build them the same for every market, cheaper probably too.

Some of our imported bikes just had the light switch still on the handlebars but the actual button was cut off!
Looked dodgy but it was the laziest/cheapest way to make sure they were road legal here for importers.

Thx for the explanation.

Another question: is the chain noise that comes from the chain is not consistent, goes in waves, up and down, specially when the throttle is off.
Anybody paid attention?

elik1111 said:
Thx for the explanation.

Another question: is the chain noise that comes from the chain is not consistent, goes in waves, up and down, specially when the throttle is off.
Anybody paid attention?

My opinion here but the O-ring chain is way overkill for this bike and robs you of watts. I swapped out for a no O-ring and it's quieter and faster. but you have to keep it clean.

Not relevant to your original question - but the speedo calibration on the road legal surron is highly optimistic.

You can actually alter the speedo ratio on the display and correct the speed by powering on the bike while holding one of the buttons on the display. I've changed mine from 1.0:1 to 1.1:1 and this is now very accurate as verified with high quality GPS and a measured course.

Stock mine displayed 72km/h once I cut the wire (I never even rode it with the wire connected hah) but in reality it's 65km/h top speed.

Back