I purchased a Tail g 48v scooter and it starts but wont move

Tonytoka83

1 µW
I currently purchased a Tail G 48v 12ah 2 seat scooter,and I had to replace the ignition switch,which I did,but after installing and turning the key..The horn,and outline of the battery(in neon green) showed up on the cluster display,and I heard a screech noise from under the second seat! So to my surprise I see a small box under the 2nd little seat that says,"TailG Smart-Drive" and there is a flap that reveals another charger port. Is this a alarm system?? And if so what can be done to overide it? Im so new to E scooters that I purchased it from LetGo for $200 and The seller said He lost the key,but a new ignition switch(Which I ordered from ebay for $4 u.s),Was installed and it turned over like i said but the blinkers,lights etc wont work also I turn the throttle and nothing! Mind u its making a weird noise from a "Small black box" under the 2nd seat...Please anyone if u can help I hope this makes sense and is fixable..

Tonytoka83 said:
Is this a alarm system?? And if so what can be done to overide it?
youd probably have to talk to the manufacturer about doing that.

Im so new to E scooters that I purchased it from LetGo for $200 and The seller said He lost the key,

that's often a sign that the seller didn't actually own it and have the right to sell it. :( especially if it was missing the charger too, or iddn't come with the original one.

you might want to see if he has other stuff for sale on that site or other similar sites, or has been selling such things that way; if so, it might be time to involve law enforcement?

Back