2011 XU total rebuild, need batt advice

Hyperious

1 mW
I have a 2011 XU that's going through a total rebuild. I picked it up as a project bike from a friend that was moving out of state. He had wanted to get it up and running as well, but just couldn't find the time. It's been remotored and doesn't have batteries currently.

Current mods are as follows;

• -Golden motor 15Kw replacement
    -Goldenmotor 72V 300A controller
    -regeared chain for 5:1 ratio gearing
    -whole new 12v side
    -Cycleanalyst primary display

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/HmuE4

My question now is what cells should I look at for building a pack? The entire pack needs to be rated for peak 250-300A due to the controller being a bit OP. I've been looking at mainly cells from Nissan Leaf packs, but it looks like wiring up a BMS to those would be a nightmare, plus fitting 10 modules in the frame for 72v looks nearly impossible based on rough sketchup greyboxing. My biggest desire for the project is to get the thing running around the 15-20kw area with onboard charging so I can roll up to J1772 chargers and juice up. My real bottleneck at this point is the amp draw I'll need to make this feasible. The 300A controller is basically maxing any battery design I've drawn up, so pouch cells seem to be the only way to go for that high storage density + high C rating I need. Are there any other options I'm not considering? Thanks for the help.

Back