DarylMc EMAX 110S battery

DarylMc

100 mW
Hi everyone
I just got a used VMoto 110S.
My first electric vehicle project.
Many thanks to Chris Jones for his help so far.

It has no batteries at this stage.
I'm looking at doing 16S of these 75AH cells.
http://www.szwestart.com/ProductView.asp?ID=1086
67.2V max
They are a bit tall but I think I can get creative with the holders or not use holders and make them fit.
Quite a compact setup otherwise and only going to take up about half the battery box.

I would like to get some idea from people who are familiar with the scooter about the weight balance.
Would you put them to the front or to the back?

Because they are so much lighter than the original lead cells I am prepared that I may have to change springs.
I want to get the batteries in the best place before I go doing that.
My previous experience with scooters is that a lot of the weight is on the back wheel so I reckon they should go forward.

Because they are going to be a fairly tight fit I want to decide where they are going before I start.

Can you upload some pictures Daryl?

I reckon the 75 Ah ones will fit, but as you say, you might need to leave the holders off. To be honest I don't think they do much in terms of battery integrity - you could probably devise your own compression system which is a little more compact.

Hi Chris
This is the only pic I have now.
At this stage I am still just measuring it up but I also want to consider how to secure them into the battery compartment.
Do you have any thoughts on keeping the batteries right towards the front as far as weight distribution goes?

Attachments

• EMAX.jpg
    EMAX.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,653
If anything you might want some weight over the back - once you take the lead out the bike sits quite high and the suspension is quite hard.

I was worried you might say that since I had my mind set otherwise :)
I read the back is way too hard so I had in mind I might have to to change the rear spring.
The front feels quite firm too with no batteries.
I'm a fair bit heavier than you.
Do you think the rear spring will be OK or still too stiff with me and lighter cells?

I'm 90 kg, so I'm probably a good match with the scooter :oops:

I've not changed my spring rate or anything. Just left it as is.

Thanks for the info.
With my extra weight I will look to put them to the back based on that.
All scooters I know have rear weight bias.

Back