Best Lightweight, Seated, Off-Road Capable E-Scooter?

BreakAes

1 mW
Hi all,

I'm looking for an e-scooter I can take with me on RV trips to get around. I have a spinal cord injury, so I'm thinking a lightweight, seated e-scooter that can go off-road would help me get around. Ideally, it'd be very affordable too.

The crowdfunded, and as yet unreleased, Eon Scooter looks pretty interesting to me: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/eon-scooter-the-most-affordable-electric-scooter

The Platinum version of the Eon scooter has 10 inch wheels and dual motors, so that version seems like it may be good enough to use off-road. I'd like something I can use at sandy beaches and on snow, if possible. At the very least, I want to be able to use bike trails, etc.

I was thinking about something like a Honda Ruckus, but since it's gas powered, I may not be able to use it everywhere I want to. I'm thinking I could tell park rangers etc., that I need to use an e-scooter for mobility and be fine.

The other thing about the Honda Ruckus, and some bigger seated e-scooters, is the weight issue. I'd want to be able to store the scooter inside a truck, or truck camper, and there may be other instances where I wouldn't want to deal with something too heavy, so therefore I think I should go for something lightweight. Although I do understand you can get racks for the front side of a truck to store scooters on...but then the scooter may be more likely to get stolen.

Anyway, let me know what your thoughts are, and if there are other things besides the Eon scooter I should consider.

Thanks!

I would be looking for one of them China fattie bikes. They are with different names and versions and likely you can even find one locally where you live. Rugged, almost like the Honda you mentioned. With fat and small diameter tires makes motor pull strong. About the most bang for your buck.

Something like this:

Suncycle-harley-electric-chopper-bike-electric-beach.jpg_350x350.jpg

Back