Mini moto/blata b1 rep EV conversion

Namejs

1 µW
Hello everyone
It's been in my head for a while to convert ICE vehicle to EV. I'm into motorcycles yet a full sized bike conversion would cost upwards of 2000-3000gbp and legal mess so I choose a smaller version aka mini moto.

Part list:

Electronics

Motor: Sensored C80100 130kw 7kw
http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/br...nsored-outrunner-brushless-motor-130kv-7000w/
I haven't deeply researched about motors, but those 7kw probably aren't continues , correct me please.

Esc: 300A 4-24S Evolution 3 ESC HV-Sensored
http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/esc/alien-300a-4-24s-evolution-3-esc-hv-sensored/
My concerns are that this might be too powerful for the motor and would burn phase wires. I've looked at 200A esc ,but as motor max amps are 200 I doubt esc could provide them for some short bursts. didn't see any 250A esc for that reason.

Batteries: Turnigy Graphene 4000mAh 6S 65C
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-4000mah-6s-65c-w-xt90.html
Going to wire them in series of 3 with the 300A esc, that should be plenty enough.

Sprockets, chain & misc

Rear wheel currently has 70 tooth sprocket 6mm pitch and ? size sprocket on engine.
My doubts are that torque on the motor will slip through sprockets.
Planning to go onto 8mm pitch with a sprockets ratio of 74/17, would it be enough? With this setup I should reach theoretical speed of 22.2mph at 3000rpm or max speed of 48mph at 6500rmp.

I still have to sort out the rear end, rear spindle thread is rounded, have to get new chain tensioners, spacers, etc.
I will be adding mechanical brakes with electrical "feedback/cut off?" I've got hard time understanding how to deal with this.

Total estimated costs
650-750 gbp

I tried to use 2 80100s in my project, they kind of worked through the gearbox, 24s is just pushing the 4110 controllers too far. Check my thread to see how not to do it :D :pancake: (switched to big Enertrac hub now).
I might be willing to part with one - already set up with internal halls, Kv 70 WYE terminated, taper lock on hardened shaft etc.
Pulleys belts and Lyen 12FET controller should be kicking around also. Send me a PM if you like.

Regardless if you're interested in mine or not, I'd strongly advise against the RC controller you linked for a road bike. We're using the modified e-bike controllers for a reason, consider brake input, regen and CA connector at least :mrgreen:

marcexec said:
I tried to use 2 80100s in my project, they kind of worked through the gearbox, 24s is just pushing the 4110 controllers too far. Check my thread to see how not to do it :D :pancake: (switched to big Enertrac hub now).
I might be willing to part with one - already set up with internal halls, Kv 70 WYE terminated, taper lock on hardened shaft etc.
Pulleys belts and Lyen 12FET controller should be kicking around also. Send me a PM if you like.

Regardless if you're interested in mine or not, I'd strongly advise against the RC controller you linked for a road bike. We're using the modified e-bike controllers for a reason, consider brake input, regen and CA connector at least :mrgreen:

Hey, thanks for info about rc controlers ,but I've ordered the motor and rc controller already also I'm still thinking of either 16 or 18s battery pack and it will be used in dry conditions only.

Back