EU Road Legal Electrification (???)

General Discussion about large electric scooters and motorcycles and other things with no pedals.
E-Zero
10 mW
10 mW

EU Road Legal Electrification (???)

Post by E-Zero » Oct 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Hello out there!

I want to ask if anybody in the EU has registered or tried to register his/her motorcycle electrification project (ICE to electric).

I am doing some research and I have not been able to find any so some help or info would be welcome.

BTW got nothing against UK but their registration process is not applicable in the rest of EU ( sadly).

Thanks in advance!!!

Cephalotus
1 kW
1 kW

Re: EU Road Legal Electrification (???)

Post by Cephalotus » Oct 25, 2017 2:40 pm

E-Zero
10 mW
10 mW

Post by E-Zero » Oct 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Thanks, I 'll proceed to read!

As much info I can gather the best!

E-Zero
10 mW
10 mW

Post by E-Zero » Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am

Sadly looks like nobody has the info I´m looking for...

Maybe it is not possible in EU...
How do you legalize conversions in the USA? or any other country?

Dauntless
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Dauntless » Jan 17, 2018 1:05 pm

E-Zero wrote:
Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am

In the U.S. it's at the individual state level. In California if it starts out as a gas automobile it will be required to have an emissions test after 4 years then ever 2 years after. Electrics aren't requiring that. I don't know that there's anywhere requiring motorcycle tests. All the lights, etc., are already there, not much to it from the DMV standpoint beyond paperwork.

I'm not sure what you think would be a problem in Europe with a vehicle that was legal getting a powerplant swap.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC!
- Arthur C. Clarke

NickF23
100 W
100 W

Post by NickF23 » Jan 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Have you tried asking here

https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php

Seems a little easier in the UK, for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwD2YPFuPtQ
Home made early version Puma 48V 1500 watts https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... f=6&t=4933

ScooterMan101
100 kW
100 kW

Post by ScooterMan101 » Jan 19, 2018 12:27 pm

Here in California , once someone changes a Motorcycle engine , frame , etc. , or buys a Salvage Title used Motorcycle and they want to get it licensed , they have to go to a CHP ( California Highway Patrol ) Office that does ... Inspections , and have a CHP officer look at the M.C. to see that it has all the required items like Lights/Mirrors/Horn/Turn Signals/Brake Light/Licence plate behind the rear of the rear tire, with two red reflectors on the plate / plate holder that is just in back of the plate by at least a couple of mm's , and other items I have forgotten about. Once it passes the inspection you can then take the signed off paperwork from the CHP and go to your local DMV office and get new registration and licence plate.

We also have a special program that once a year a small number of people who build their own vehicles can go to the nearest CHP inspection office and go the same process.
There are only a small number of people who can do that each year , and it is for a short period of time. So a person here might have to wait until the next year to get the vehicle on the Road.

E-Zero wrote:
Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am