Barn find EVT 168

G'day peoples,
Last week I was lucky enough to score a 2005 EVT 168 that's been in storage since it was taken out of the container.
Dirty & dusty, but most of it's there.
168barnfind.jpg
168front.jpg
3Km / 2 miles on the odometer. Don't get much newer than that.
168odo.jpg
Charger & mirrors are still packed in the battery compartment, as it left the factory.
168underseat.jpg
I'd got a lot of parts from the same place last year. Most are EVT 4000E parts, not much use to me but the missing rear body panels & tail light assembly were there for the 168 so it wasn't hard to get it road ready in an afternoon.
168finished.jpg
My daughter ( 23 ) said it's a stylish little cutie. I might lose it to her!
If anyone in Victoria, Australia, needs EVT parts, I can probably help you and my wife would be delighted to see me move "some of that junk". Some peoples just don't understand, do they?

Cheers to all, AussieRider.

Nice score mate :D

Thanks mate. Got some Fushion LifePo4 batteries for it, drop in replacements for the original lead acids even to using the lead acid charger according to the spec sheet. Saved 25 kg in weight as well. Got it registered a few days ago. That was fun, explaining to the genius there that it doesn't have any CCs nor does it have automatic or manual transmission. "it's 'kin electric"! It takes off better than a 50cc gas scooter but tops out at only 50Km/h. I haven't tried for Max range yet but I'done 50km on a charge so far.
Matter of fact, I scored 3 machines, all just unpacked & stored but the other 2 ( 4000e ) had the rear wheels & swing arms removed. Other than that they're complete. If I can find a swing arm that fits, maybe from a dirt or mini bike, get maybe a 3Kw wheel motor & controller things could get interesting.

AussieRider

Back