This is a request:
As an inventive sort I have in my past worked with many diverse machine shops for all sorts of customers on various projects. Although in my present occupation â€“ there isnâ€™t need to craft as often as there used to be. Sadly my last good resource closed his doors after the New Year and Iâ€™ve struggled to find a good replacement within driving (er, letâ€™s make that e-pedaling) distance.
I am now at a point where I wish to cast a wider net of potential opportunity. I would wager that my pursuit is not alone, that others are having difficulty finding a good honest custom machine shop willing to do their bidding. Therefore I wish to initiate this thread with the following proviso:
- References are acceptable from Customers (members) and from Professional Machine Shops (members). The type of work done or skill offered must be directly related to ES construction activities that members are seeking, such as framing, motors, machining, plastic forming, and so forth.
- When given as a Professional, please list your location, website and brief technology. Example:
- ACME Machine Shop (link attached)
Thistown, State-Prov, Country
Specializing in 5-Axis CNC, Welding, Composites, Motor winding
- When given as a Customer, please if you can provide the details in a similar manner, and perhaps include briefly the type of work that was accomplished, lead-time, quality of workmanship, and was it worth the cost. Linking to your project would be even better!
- Lastly, we want positive experiences: We want to entice business associations.
I will gladly manage a directory beneath this post organized by location as contributions are added.
Thank you for helping build a good reference, KF