Win a Liberty Trike

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Started getting these strange emails...
Dear Fans,

Thank you for being a fan of the Liberty Trike!

Last week we sent you an early preview of the Liberty Trike and today we are announcing the official launch of the new website while adding more exclusive perks, including custom color!

Join the fun and sign up to enter our early fan incentive program

Some of you know us fro m E-BikeKit™   and others since t he beginning. We pride ourselves on our loyal fans' generous feedback, which we incorporated to make the Liberty Trike unique and one-of-a-kind.

We’ll be heading to crowdfunding soon and really appreciate your help in spreading the word!

Thanks again - Let's make it happen!

Sincerely,
The Liberty Trike Team

Huh???

Not trying to spam, but just explain.

E-Bikekit is launching an indegogo campaign next month, for a new product Jason has been developing for more than a year. It's an electric trike, but with some features that make it better than traditional full size adult trikes. The frame is worksman, but a new design inspired by the feedback we have had from trike kit customers.

Right now, those on the EBK mailing list have been offered a chance to win a free trike, by spreading to word to their friends.

See the for sale new section, I'll post the link there so you can try to win too.

I have been getting them daily too. Not sure what I signed up for or how they got my email..

Now that the contest has started, the way you win a free trike is by sending that to your friends.

Jason27 said:
I have been getting them daily too. Not sure what I signed up for or how they got my email..
Yah. Watt he said. (Not "daily", bit still.)

dogman dan said:
Now that the contest has started, the way you win a free trike is by sending that to your friends.
Spam is never good, even when it is a legitimate contest.
For making one winner happy, hundreds will block your address off their inbox.

Since I'd like to retain my friends, don't think that I'll pass it on.

MadRhino said:
Spam is never good, even when it is a legitimate contest.
For making one winner happy, hundreds will block your address off their inbox.
Ditto.

E-bikekit.com has just entered the realm of pure spammer, employing living spambot tactics.

Anyone that sends me one of those ads will be reported to their ISP as a spammer, and to any mail servers it passes thru, to hopefully get their internet access terminated, just like I do with any other spammer.

Fair enough. You'll notice you received no email from me about it.

A "friend" would not send out the mail to people who could not be interested in it. But if your friend had a parent with mobility issues, he might like hearing about it.

Out of 10,000+ people who got email directly from EBK, exactly one asked to be removed from the EBK mailing list. But I have been getting chats all day from people new to EBK, who are very happy they got told about it. One guy is all honked, because the contest is limited to the USA.

So, except for complaints from Jason 27, not much negative feedback so far. Are you on the EBK mailing list Jason? If so, tell me in a pm, or on the chat, give me your email address and I'll get you taken off.

Or was that you, on Thursday?

Lock, I'm pretty darn sure you are on the EBK mailing list. I can take you off anytime too.

Of course, people can ask to be removed from the mailing list, but almost everyone just click "Tag as SPAM" or "block sender" in their mail program.

dogman dan said:
Fair enough. You'll notice you received no email from me about it.

A "friend" would not send out the mail to people who could not be interested in it. But if your friend had a parent with mobility issues, he might like hearing about it.

Out of 10,000+ people who got email directly from EBK, exactly one asked to be removed from the EBK mailing list. But I have been getting chats all day from people new to EBK, who are very happy they got told about it. One guy is all honked, because the contest is limited to the USA.

So, except for complaints from Jason 27, not much negative feedback so far. Are you on the EBK mailing list Jason? If so, tell me in a pm, or on the chat, give me your email address and I'll get you taken off.

Or was that you, on Thursday?

Lock, I'm pretty darn sure you are on the EBK mailing list. I can take you off anytime too.

I have been often critical of EBK, for no good reason looking back. I have entered their contests numerous times and have NO PROBLEMS with the amount of email from them. FAR LESS than many others. I like keeping up with what the market is doing and find most enjoyable. That said, very very little of the spam I do get isn't a result of my providing an email address. Almost always my fault.

I just entered again...I need a trike kit...VBG

[youtube]nJau6_tx7o4[/youtube]

:mrgreen:

Back