My Sunahme e-bike is almost ready!

Hi, All

Just thought I would post a couple of pics of my new Sunahme e-Bike ('XC' model) almost ready for delivery! I should have it at home within the next couple of weeks.

This is manufactured and designed very close to where I live, on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. Custom built to my specs :)

I have previously owned a 2014 Stealth Bomber, and let me say this beast is on a whole different level. Seriously, no comparison...they may look similar, but the refinement and power / range / reliability / durability / overall quality are totally different.

I rode several different Sunahme models before choosing this one, and I am really excited to take it for its first ride!!

The specs are pretty much state of the art (unlike the Stealth, which was a great machine, but a bit heavy, limited range, and less the premium components):

12kw of power (power wheelies - YES!!)
top speed ~ 100km/h (~ 60 mph)
3.2 kw/h Samsung Lithium battery = ~ 150km (90 miles) range with modest pedalling
~ 120lb curb weight
8 piston hydraulic disc brakes front and rear
8 inches fully adjustable suspension travel, front and rear
Sine wave controller made in Finland
"Hub monster' motor made in Croatia
Two speed Swiss made Schlumpf geared planetary crank for pedalling - no derailleur
Swingarm pivots around pedal cranks, so no chain tension issues
DOT rated motorcycle rims and tires = NO FLATS
Can ride ANYWHERE a bicycle can go, of course - anytime...bike trails, BMX tracks, on-road / off-road...
Costs less than $0.30 to fully recharge
Basically ZERO maintenance...

I had originally been planning a mid-motor build (or buy, if I could find one), but in the end the simplicity, reliability, and disability of the hub motor won out over weight distribution and unsprung weight. Time will tell if this was the right decision...

The Stealth Bomber BTW, is a fine machine, but SERIOUSLY hampered by a TOTAL LACK of even basic 'water resistance', let alone 'waterproofing'...a deal-killer where I live. Just running through a puddle can stop the bike, or even kill the controller...NOT viable here on the 'wet coast'. The Sunahme, in contrast, has ALL connectors AND the controller INSIDE the frame, away from rain and splashes.

What do YOU guys think?

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

:)

Cheers,

Doug

OK, still figuring out the photo insert thing...

Also, last post should have read 'durability' of a hub motor, NOT 'disability' of a hub motor...

RRobtE

T8UQHx

Hopefully pics work this time... :)

Doug

Oh for CRISSAKES...

You can view pics HERE:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/148293972@N02/C23Ar7

Enjoy!

Dug

Back