Mk. 4.5, the better E-Tard

vax said:
Wow, this frame looks heavy and over engineered...

Thinwall chromoly is a beautiful thing. As of now the frame weighs 23lbs. It just looks heavy. Only a few pounds heavier than a production zero frame, and more torsionally rigid, which Is crucial for a supermoto.

Almost there! Suspension is final, just needs controller mount, seat and wiring. :D .

20140814_175717_zpse4c9e1df.jpg

Awesome ! What front end is that? Upisde down forks off a motorbike.....

kudos said:
Awesome ! What front end is that? Upisde down forks off a motorbike.....

It is an '07 Showa big piston YZ450 fork. 48mm tubes, speed sensitive damping, air/coil sprung and has 13" or travel.

Today I made the faux gas tank, and got the seat mocked up. Starting to look like a bike now!

20140815_185813_zps0006cabd.jpg

20140815_185629_zpscd4470ca.jpg

The bike ran for the first time at around 1:00 am today :D :pancake: :mrgreen: .

[youtube]NwBw8d-QVe8[/youtube]

That is some serious mechanical worksmanship, that suspension and frame. Are you still in school, do you plan to work in this field of fabricating/engineering?

veloman said:
That is some serious mechanical worksmanship, that suspension and frame. Are you still in school, do you plan to work in this field of fabricating/engineering?

I am temporarily pausing college to work on this, but still getting an education in a way that I seem to learn better, by surrounding my self with people much smarter than I, and trying to do things just out of my reach. Partially winging it, partially repurposing other things, and combining all of it into something that works best for what I need. Speaking of repurposing, I got the chargers on and running. Four series/paralell Meanwell HLG 320s wired 2s2p. For around 1.3 kw of weatherproof potted charger.
:mrgreen:

Beautiful work my brilliant friend.

Coulda just used gaffa tape; cable ties look too pro :lol:

Nice work man :)

liveforphysics said:
Beautiful work my brilliant friend.

Thanks!

jonescg said:
Coulda just used gaffa tape; cable ties look too pro :lol:

Nice work man :)

I am waiting till i can borrow my boss's 250lb pneumatic zip tie gun. Sooper pro then :mrgreen:

Looking great Farfle! I like the new frame a lot more. Do you plan gussets at the head tube? Very interesting rear suspension, neat and out of the way. I hope it works like you plan, because I want to borrow from it.

Since you have on board chargers and big travel forks, does that mean it's now for riding more than racing?

Any updates Farfle? Show us, as I am sure that there are many other also anxious to see the new bike in action.

Tek said:
Any updates Farfle? Show us, as I am sure that there are many other also anxious to see the new bike in action.

Yes. There is a new motor in the works. It should be stupid fast. Also, more street legal.

Back