E-Chopper

E-Chopper

10 W
First Hello to all Forum User this is my first Post .
My Name is Martin i´m from Austria .
I learn English in the Ground-School (18years ago ) an never really use it, so sorry for my Bad English :)

Early 2014 i watched a Movie about Elctric Vehicles and im getting interesed in Electric Mobility and the History of Electric Bikes like this (THE DOUGLAS PIDCOCK 1922/1942 ELECTRIC EV MOTORCYCLE) .
I read much about Controllers-Basic´s ,BLDC -Motors ,Brushed -Type,Accu(BMS),Neodym Magnetics et cetera .
The most knowledge i had from study Forum-Pages like this(EndlessSpähre) and a german Webside whos called Pedellec Forum .

In early 2015 i began to "transform" my old small D.I.Y Costum Moped into Electric drive, meantime 2016 i made some improvements .
Orignally it was a APRILLIA RED ROSE 50cc also Called... Aprillia Classic
Now i called it the "Transformator" :lol:

For my Project i order a HPM3000 48volt 80amps Motor from GM and two 52volt 20amps Lifepo4 (Factoryname:Wolong) (Delivery Time was about 60 days in realtime!?)

Meanwhile i work with a smaller Test Motor .

The first Prototype (test phase) works with a cheap 1600Watt(Input2000W) BLDC and a EVO- OKW16P-4 Controller .
I only take this Motor and Controller for testing the self made construction of gearboxadapter and sprocket
Later i will use the little Motor and Controller for a small "Children Toy Quad"
motoorumbau.jpg

testmotor.jpg

For the first ride i drive the Bike with 4* 20A 12Volt Lead Acid Battery´s .
They were mount on the rear Fender in the Saddlbags on a Special-Construction .
It look´s like Saddlebag´s but in real they were substantially build with Steal .(inside!)
batteriehalterungroh.jpg

Bodyshop-work
saddlebag.jpg

Bevor the first ride i do not expectet much Power becouse of the little Motor .
But the first testride was real impressed.
With the first gear i belive I can pull a little Tractor or drive a gradient of 35 per cent witout problems .
In the fifth an last gear the Bike get max Speed 35 Km .
This tiny Motor amaze me so little so huge Power .
Before the Bigger Motor arrivied i rebuild (tunnning) the Evo Controller .
I cut of the 12 Fet´s and wired the new Fets directly.
From the tuned Shunt the Minus(-) is wired directly to the Fet .... and the Plus(+) is also direct Wired so there is no real Power on the Platine so the thin Soldering of the Platine cant get even warm or melt down and shot the Circuit.
platinehinten.jpg

i know it looks agly but it work :roll:
platinevorne.jpg

Usually if a Controller was tunnend we use more Fets . I take less Mosfet i take six Fet but bigger one´s (TO-264 I=550A ,RDS 1,6mOhm(IXTK550N055T2) )
The tuned Controller works perfect i can touch the Mosfet under full load and the even get little warmish .
Also the RPM goes up to 4750 rpm before it was around 4150rpm .The Bikespeed goes up to !!
Transform a Cheap Controller to a Homebuild Power Controller ( i love to perform handicraft work)
The Motor-heat actually is not grow up .

After the GM Motor and the Battery arrived i make some enhancements .

(to learn from mistakes " improvements i made in 2016")

*) I took the Battery from rear(swing arm) to the middle of the Bike, because the Weight of the Battery was not good for Handling this Bike !
*) The Master Switch is now also in the Middle !
*) There is no more wire on moveable Parts like Swingarm !
*) I mount a fuse Box (fuse for Battery-BMS,fuse for DC-DC Converter,)
*) I change the DC-DC Konverter to a stronger one! now the the ligths not goes low, when switch the Horn or Brakelight .
*) I also mount a Voltmeter (on Tank) and a Amperemeter for Charching so i always see whats going on .
*) Now Every Battery had her own Fuse !
*) I change the front and rear Sprocket from 13/46 to 15/44(gearbox/tire) .
*) I change the sprocket from BLDC to Gearbox too ! Before it was 11/14 now 14/11

This Pictures show the work for the bigger Motor
aluroh.jpg

Cuting the Alu with the saw was better and easier "power cut will work too " i prefers the saw !
platteerstmontage.jpg

it´s fit so now brush grinding work get´s startet .
plattepolierrt.jpg

so i take the parts together ....
motorhalterung.jpg

kettenroh.jpg

so the Cover is ready to mount
transform.jpg

so that´s the place were the controller live
dose.jpg

the fuse and dc-dc converter -Box with Amperemeter to watching recharge the lifepo .
fusebox.jpg

so the finished mount hpm3000b
motor.jpg

so the vintage voltmeter on the ex-fuel tank
tank.jpg

Some small things to do but the most Work is done .

My dream were those Batterys-Pack with SAMSUNG INR18650 29E cell -( http://www.elektromoped.at/product_...ung-xxs-lithium-batterie---li-ion-2064wh.html ) they had the same dimensions and would fit perfectly but these tooo expensive may in future is getting cheaper !??
Meanwhile the LiFePo4 works great to ! Much better then the heavy lead Acid Batterys .
Pictures of the real finished Bike coming soon .

yours faithfully
Martin

Hello again. thank you !
Thats true the first Motor(1600 watt) would fit perfectly inside the crank case .
But the HPM3000b was too Big for the crank case .

First i want to make Direct drive without Gearbox .
Later i read a article that says" little E-Motor run better with Gearbox" ......Big motor need no Gearbox they strong enough .
So i take this way .

here are the missing pictures of the Motorcycle
moped1.jpg

other side....
moped2.jpg

Greetings
Martin

That's cool man!! Nice ride!!
welcome!

Hello Again

I love the Voltmeter in the Tank too !
The analog Voltmeter looks great and works great too.
I buy it on ebay for a few bucks it was orignally unbox and "new" made in Russia 1980 incl. description in Cyrillic :D .

Meantime i make some changes ........

So yesterday i change the BLDC-Motor Sprocket from 14 to 15 tooth for more rpm on the crankshaft .
And i build a holder for the Sprocket so i can screw up the Sprocket easily and replace it .
Picture show the raw welding work on the Sprocket-holder
motorschweissen.png

Picture show the new mountet Sprocket and Chain
++bersetzung.png

My Batterys are two 20Ah 50Volt Lifepo4 from Factory Wolong in China(Wolong also useed in Kreidler-Cycles) .
The Batterys work fine but the Voltage sag is to high .
So the Battery always work on limit and thats not so good for a long life .

I had to make a decision ...keep the Batterys or Replace it .

After long resarch on www i make my desision to make a DIY Battery the cheapest and best way in my Opinion .
The "old" Lifepo4 had only 50 Cycles i will use it in a other project were less Power is used !!!

My mistake !!! i buy a finished Battery Pack !!! because buy single cells and create a DIY Battery Pack is a way cheeper ....learn from mistakes !!!

I ordered 280 pices Panasonic ncr 18650pf 2900mha cells from (nkon.nl) for Europe they had the best price .

zelle.png

battbick.png

zellen.png

i post the progress soon .

Greetings Martin

Hello again the soldering of the 280 pice 18650 take´s lot of time !!!
I made two "packs" one had 140 cell´s 20 cell pararell and 7* (20Cell) in Series .
So one Pack had an nominal Voltage of 25,2 Volt and 58 Ah .
Later i connect the two packs in series for haveing a nominal Voltage of 50,4 Volt.

On each Cell i soldering a 7Amp Fuse .
So the reasen why i fused every cell is ......long time ago i work with an electric Accu drill and the Accu explode while i work with it !! no one gets hurt but a explode Accu is no fun !!!

The max Ampere per cell is about 4,5 Amp usually 3,6 Amp so i think thats a optimal Amp per cell to get the max Power from these 18650 liion.

One of the Two Accu Pack
IMG_4286.png

Some work to do but the End is near
IMG_4288.png

Greetings Martin

Hello again !

So soldering is done and the Accu-Pack´s were ready to use .
First test ride show me that the Voltage Sag is very Little with these Cells .
The longest test ride was 50KM i think 60 KM would be the Maximum for these Pack´s .
For my purpose 35 Km Distance is the absolute maximum, but its good to have some reserve .

So this Projekt is now Completed .
The acuu work fine and the Chain transmission from BLDC to Gearbox work fine to .

Now its time for a off-Road not Street legal Motorcycle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the look of the motor going to the old gearbox. Great looking bike.

Hello and Thanks .

I dont use a BMS on these s14 DIY accu-Pack!!
I know some People who had more Trouble with BMS then without BMS .
I controll my accu at recharge and sometimes i controll the cells but meantime there is no drift .

For me the only important safety Features-"must have" are the emergency Stop switch and the Fuses 100A>80A>single cell fuse 7A !!!

Greetings and especially greetings from our Neighbour-Country
Martin

Back