My Chinese Ebay Build

Show off your E-Scooter or Motorcycle creation here.
kneedeep
100 W
100 W

Re: My Chinese Ebay Build

Post by kneedeep » Sep 29, 2017 9:17 pm

I will be adding a battery disconect to the bike.
Attachments
batt.JPG
batt.JPG (50.1 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Chinese Ebay build in progress https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 12&t=86149 , been through half a dozen scooter ebikes..No More of those.

I like to build it better than I can buy it. I like to think outside the box...Come to think of it where is that box?

kneedeep
100 W
100 W

Post by kneedeep » Sep 29, 2017 9:19 pm

first pic not working
Attachments
4919ada3a18d601ba51f51680046b65b_51w38kv++iL._SL1000_.jpg
4919ada3a18d601ba51f51680046b65b_51w38kv++iL._SL1000_.jpg (56.9 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Chinese Ebay build in progress https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 12&t=86149 , been through half a dozen scooter ebikes..No More of those.

I like to build it better than I can buy it. I like to think outside the box...Come to think of it where is that box?

Buk___
1 kW
1 kW

Post by Buk___ » Sep 30, 2017 2:20 am

kneedeep wrote:Well I have 2000-2400 km on the bike and it has been very uneventful. The bike is working great rides nice no big issues not really any little ones either.
After 9 months it looks like you have yourself a really nice ride.

Having just read the thread from beginning to end I've a few questions.
  1. Do you have a feel for your total cost? I realise that may be difficult to access given the number of mis-supplies/mis-orders/rethinks and your tendency to buy extras for spares etc.
  • You seem remarkably laid back about the whole supplier/wrong stuff/delays problems. Are you just zen; or is there a pile of broken screens and keyboards out the back somewhere? How much time did you spend resolving supplier issues?
  • Would you do it the same way (chinese Ebay; whatever that means?) again?

kneedeep
100 W
100 W

Post by kneedeep » Sep 30, 2017 9:26 am

I would put the total cost between $3500 and $4500 CAD and that is with all the doubles and extras. I figure I could build another even better bike now for about $2500 as I already have a lot of the parts.
I am calmer in my age and last year at this time I had a bike burn to the ground (Emmo GT80) from a bad charger or not enough testing so I started this build early in the year to be sure it would be ready.
Also I have a lot of other projects on the go and I don't have time to get mad. I am currently building a 28x30 shop for a man cave.
Absolutely would do ebay china again as this same bike would be $6500 with out it. Free shipping on Ebay China is 2-3 months so you need to plan for it but the price is incomparable. Consider this I have a 2004 sienna AWD and a part I needed was $41 at Toyota and $1.63 on ebay new in the same package. So I went with Ebay as I am cheaper then I am patient.
I am adding the battery disconnect in place of a solid state relay that failed last week. The relay is the only failure so far and I am at about 6-7000 KM as this is my daily driver. Lots of people asked why heavy frame , moto wheels and such for a commuter and it is proven in the reliability where the value lies. I am also running this bike at low 25 amps to keep things under stressed and top it out about 45KPH. The biggest feet in the build for me personally is the functional signal, brake and running lights and aslo the correct chain ring for cadence. I have never been bothered by the police and they smile when I go by as I pass 2-3 a day on my commute.

Buk___
1 kW
1 kW

Post by Buk___ » Sep 30, 2017 9:36 am

kneedeep wrote:Free shipping on Ebay China is 2-3 months so you need to plan for it but the price is incomparable.
'scuse if I'm being thick, but do you mean ebay.cn?

If so, do you read chinese?

kneedeep
100 W
100 W

Post by kneedeep » Sep 30, 2017 11:16 am

you can go on Ebay China specifically and prices are cheap you computer settings keep it in English.

kneedeep
100 W
100 W

Post by kneedeep » Dec 05, 2017 12:19 am

Well I had my first flat tonight. I left work at 10 pm about 200 feet out realized rear tire was flat. It was pouring rain so frustrated drove anyway couple kilometers to plaza to get out of the rain and see why it was flat. Rusty piece of box cutter blade sticking out. I drove most of the way home about 25kph walked up the steep hills then hit low voltage cut out just as I turned onto my street and walked the last block. I bought 2 spare tubes when I built the bike in the spring so will install one on the weekend but I might be done for the season as it is supposed to be freezing rest of the week and stay cold here. The motor had to work a lot harder with the flat but I was impressed the battery brought me 95% of the 16 kilometer trip home with a flat. This is after the 16 kilometer drive to work and only on 48v 25ah. While I have the wheel off to fix the flat I will install new Brake Rotor and pads as the pads are down to steel on the back.

Other planned upgrades will be:

Tapered roller bearings for the swing arm bushing. (the standard bearings are completely shot and I have about 1/4 play in swing arm)

I have purchased bus bars to clean up the wiring.

Will look for lighter moped 19" tires or go to 17" front 16" rear.

Better rear lights for drivers to see me.

New paint and epoxy primer (already rusting)

Motocross Bars.

kneedeep
100 W
100 W

Post by kneedeep » Jan 14, 2018 11:16 am

I plan to add J1772 and AVC2.R for charge point this winter. I already have my Charge Point account and we have a lot of Charge Points here.