Suzuk-E (built 2008-9) RM125 conversion

FrankG

100 µW
The video links below are to a fun project I did about 10 years ago... it's not as slick as many of the builds being posted these days (2019)... But it was an education and a half :)

[youtube]-WY22ueLoeI[/youtube]

[youtube]252aZcwWwCk[/youtube]

[youtube]4eh63wRxYG0[/youtube]

[youtube]-qSKt09k2RI[/youtube]

[youtube]uM1FDQfRYj4[/youtube]

[youtube]7CB4mDz0fHE[/youtube]

[youtube]xfFs2O-FKjk[/youtube]

[youtube]K9tWK5V7IlE[/youtube]

[youtube]pvBSjCVsO48[/youtube]

During the build process this forum was an amazing resource, largely due to the collective experience and knowledge of it's users...

Unfortunately the original website "theworkshop.ca" has been down n gone for ages, but I was so glad to find these videos on an old hard disk and opted to post on YT...

All the Best!

FrankG

YOU'RE BACK! :)

Glad to see you're still around.

(I wish your posts hadn't all been removed from the forum; there was a lot of good info there).

AmberWolf,

Likewise, It felt like home as soon as I logged in...

I'm toying with the idea of doing some smallish projects for the grandkids over the next year or two, very much along the lines of a 2-up quad that would be safe, but "Fun" for ages 6 thru 8...

Does Aussie Jester (Kim) still post? I saw a great article on one of his builds a while back.

Thanks for posting, glad to see a familiar Poster!

FrankG

Great to see you again Frank!
Nice videos. I wish I had time to make more myself. Things have progressed quite a bit in the last 10 years.

Hello Richard!!!

So glad to see you're still the "Steady Hand" on the tiller :)

OMG, you're so right, every thing from Battery Tech through motor design...

I've been living a very fun, but crazy life as a Busker/Street Musician, so I'm just prepping for the upcoming Season that runs Apr thru Oct, but have plans to revisit all these fun hobbies this fall, as I'd mentioned to AmberWolf, the Grand-kids are getting to a fun age, and a light ev project for them would be great!

FrankG

I haven't see AussieJester on here in what seems like a few years or more. :( Miss him too.

Street musician sounds fun...I'm not really good enough for that sort of thing, but I still like to play (guitar/bass, keyboards); is fun.

For projects...depending on their needs/etc., there are a lot of kinds of EVs to build. :)

(Have you seen my SB Cruiser trike? If interested, link is in my signature...it's still evolving).

AmberWolf,

Never say Never :) , when I opted to "take it to the streets" I can say with no exaggeration that I sucked, but there is no better training ground than standing and playing music for 5 to 7 hours per day for months on end to make improvements... At this point, after 8 years I can easily make enough over the tourist season to cover rent in a "Crack-house" apartment for the year, feed my self occasionally and indulge in the odd upgrade gear wise...

Though luckily I still have the property in the country, to escape the city when it gets too intense.

I did check out your Latest Trike, very cool and I especially like your dogs... no truer friend in my experience...

FrankG said:
Never say Never :) , when I opted to "take it to the streets" I can say with no exaggeration that I sucked, but there is no better training ground than standing and playing music for 5 to 7 hours per day for months on end to make improvements... At this point, after 8 years I can easily make enough over the tourist season to cover rent in a "Crack-house" apartment for the year, feed my self occasionally and indulge in the odd upgrade gear wise...

:) It's a thought...but I definitely couldn't stand up and play...have to bring a chair so I can lay the guitar on my lap flat to play, cuz I can't wrap my hand around the neck and still stick my fingers on the strings hard enough to push against the frets...so I play from above, one or two fingers at a time (can't really do "true chords", so I pick rather than strum almost always). Don't think my fingers would last more than 20-30 minutes at a time (usually less) but I could do short sessions, break, etc.

I do better "composing" with the computer than live; some of my experiments here:
http://soundclick.com/amberwolf
though I've improved since anything posted there, need to get some newer stuff fixed up and posted.

I did check out your Latest Trike, very cool and I especially like your dogs... no truer friend in my experience...
True. :) The only problems really happen when all four of them want on the bed at teh same time...and I'm already on it. :lol: (or when they all want to say hi when I get home from work).

amberwolf said:
FrankG said:
:) It's a thought...but I definitely couldn't stand up and play...have to bring a chair so I can lay the guitar on my lap flat to play, cuz I can't wrap my hand around the neck and still stick my fingers on the strings hard enough to push against the frets...so I play from above, one or two fingers at a time (can't really do "true chords", so I pick rather than strum almost always). Don't think my fingers would last more than 20-30 minutes at a time (usually less) but I could do short sessions, break, etc.

I'm a street vender selling my custom furniture 4 days a week, so I run into alot of buskers. I can tell you that playing sitting down is not a problem and also, you most certainly do not have to be very good. Most people just drop in a few bucks as they walk by. Very rarely do people stop to listen and even when they do, they do not give more money for doing so. There are regular buskers around me that are terrible, but make a living as well as the truly great ones.

mettleramiel,

Street/Market vending is very similair, my GF is a Chocolatier, and sells via numerous farmer's markets and "Foodie" shows...

We often exchange stories of the "Crazy's" we encounter... But there is something electric and thrilling about working on the fringe's and the unpredictability that comes with that life... I much prefer working evenings to day shift, and in a downtown with a mix of university ghetto's and high end whisky bars, just around midnight can be that magic hour...

Back