Feature Requests

This section will contain posting guidelines for the forum along with any other information that is relevant to this forum.
Kingfish
10 GW
10 GW
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow

Feature Requests

Post by Kingfish » Aug 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Greetings & Glad Tidying’s to moderators and stakeholders

I yam but a humble denizen upon this forum that has entreated me well and provided a cornucopia of good thought and skillful advise.

I come with a tiny suggestion without knowing how difficult it would be to affect. So I’m just going to try and explain it best I can:

Is there a way were we can align ourselves to a social group, or a named tag of sorts – as opposed to a gang? The tag or social group would be part of our Profile like the location/country. I guess we could call it a custom field attached to our profile and is searchable.

The reason I ask is that I am running into more and more individuals that have ebikes, or want to be into ebikes (to which I point them to The Sphere) and I think it would be great if we could have local groupings or chapters – informal and all. To tell you the truth, the structural part of my tiny brain would like to organize a meeting in my metro, and I think that ES could serve as a basis for gathering kindred individuals.

I suppose we could continue to do things the same way in the E-vents section of the forum… though it sure would be nice if I could tell a person “Here’s the link to ES and you can find me in the Seattle-Metro Group; come join us!

That’s all I wanted to say – other than thanks guys for doing a great job! 8)
All the best, KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: Feature Requests

Post by amberwolf » Aug 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Something like the way this FreakBikeNation forum section is, then?

http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... m.php?f=30

Kingfish
10 GW
10 GW
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow

Post by Kingfish » Aug 15, 2013 4:42 pm

amberwolf wrote:Something like the way this FreakBikeNation forum section is, then?

http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... m.php?f=30
+1 That's the Cadillac version for sure! I was just hoping for an extra field that shows are "associations". Though you've captured the essence quite well there AW :wink:

Best, KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

grindz145
1 GW
1 GW

Post by grindz145 » Aug 15, 2013 4:43 pm

I feel like this is the beginning of ebike gangs (branches) like at http://www.mopedarmy.com

I like it!