The forum got a haircut!

This section will contain posting guidelines for the forum along with any other information that is relevant to this forum.
neptronix   100 GW

100 GW

Re: The forum is getting a haircut! - archive your old PMs!

Post by neptronix » Jul 24 2018 1:42pm

Oh geez. Yes, i did change the data type to try to shrink the size. I saw i believe one post with >400 edits, but all other posts were in the single digit edit range. I figured it was a glitch and that truncating it to 256/255 edits wouldn't cause an issue. I guess phpbb checks the values it writes.

Of course the oddball had to be yours!
Rather than take the database down for another 30 minutes, i just reset your post count to 3. Give that a try.
We can repeat this fix in 5 years :)

Restoring a single old post might take a few hours, and it's something i'd have to do after work.
Is it possible for you to fix it in less time?
"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive." - Dalai Lama

My first major build: 1.6kW 8T MAC motor on a Trek 4500.
The new all-arounder: Leafmotor 1500w @ 4kW on a Turner O2 full suspension.
The monster scooter: 20" eZee on a Cannondale Semi Recumbent.
Whipper-snapper: ? on a lightweight BikeE Semi Recumbent

teklektik   10 GW

10 GW

Post by teklektik » Jul 24 2018 2:46pm

I can edit/save it successfully.
The download counts are lost as well as one illustration, but it appears that I can rework the post again in less time than it takes to restore, so that seems to be the expedient approach.
EDIT - ok - fixed.
Visit Grin Technologies at www.ebikes.ca
Build Thread: 2WD Yuba Mundo V4

neptronix   100 GW

100 GW

Re: The forum got a haircut!

Post by neptronix » Jul 24 2018 6:22pm

Good to hear that it wasn't a nasty fix.
It looks like a few download counts are missing, but others are valid in that post. Probably because we freaked phpbb out or something. :)
"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive." - Dalai Lama

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Post by amberwolf » Jul 24 2018 11:29pm

Do you have a fix for the missing PMs yet?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=95396#p1397466

Anything newer than sometime on 7-20-18 that I either received or sent is still not anywhere in my PM folders, whether I had read it yet or not.

If it helps, the Private Messages notification bubble on the top right shows -1 instead of a positive number or zero.

I am not absolutely certain when it happened, but I think it was at the time the inbox and sent messages were combined or when they were separated again.

I know for sure there are messages missing that were to/from me and Dogman, Thoroughbred, and Cvin, and possibly Incememed. Others could be missing I hadn't seen/read yet, and they are not all in my exports because I hadn't gotten to them all yet.

neptronix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by neptronix » Jul 25 2018 12:43pm

That's good to hear.
I see some download counts got vaporized, but others didn't.
Not a super big surprise considering that we collectively caused phpbb to freak out.

AW, i started a new thread about recovering some PMs. Please put your details in, or send me a PM with details per the new announcement's instructions.

tomjasz   10 GW

10 GW

Post by tomjasz » Jul 25 2018 7:14pm

Not to discount a valued member, but shouldn't we manage our own saved PM's. If it's important to save PM's perhaps creating a personal folder on our own devices makes far more sense than leaving it up to the highly paid ES staff. :wink:
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.