Shunt question

YoSamES

10 W
I had a hard time figuring which forum to post this question. Hope this one is good.

I want to use this shunt in order to measure AH of battery charging. I have the shunt and matching meter. Not from this company, but this is the same shunt, and it shows good photos:
http://www.banggood.com/100A-75mV-F...istor-For-Amp-Ampere-Panel-Meter-p-75521.html

My question is, anyone have a good idea for a way to make an insulated holder or base for it? I didn't even think about that before I bought the kit. I want to mount it on a metal case, so there you go. I'm sure I can cobble up something, but thought maybe someone here has already had to do the same thing.

If you have any old single-sided circuit boards for dead electronics, you can mass-desolder all the parts with a gas stove or a handheld torch, then peel off the old copper traces and cut up the PCB material to use as insulation. YOu can layer it if needed, to get a specific thickness, and just drill thru wherever needed to get bolt holes.

YOu could also use lexan/etc if you ahve any, or other insulationg materials, as long as they can also handle any heat that will be coming off the shunt, if any.

I found what I needed at the hardware store for $3. This one is called PVC Fitting Type T. There is a Type C without the side connection. The shunt fits perfectly inside.

DSC_0283.JPG

Back