VPower LFP packs? & generally balance taps to outside

john61ct

1 TW
Anyone familiar with this vendor?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26650-48V-20AH-LiFePO4-Battery-Pack-EBike-Electric-Bicycle-Rechargeable-Li-Power/264427085960

I really like the external BMS idea, plus having access from the outside to the balance leads ideally each cell, here likely parallel groups?

Other recommended LFP pack builders that could do custom in a similar way?

V POWER been on EBay for as long as I care to remember. "CammyCC" was another name synonymous with Vpower stuff.

I bought two batteries from CammyCC about 8 years ago maybe more.

I can't honestly say if he made them or just resold them or what.

I got rid of them as soon as I learned to make my own so I cannot even say if they were any good over time.

It's been years, so they could be different now (I doubt it), but I would list them in the "junk" / poorly made battery class, based on the two I've had in my hands, one just for repair and testing, and one for repair and then use on my CrazyBike2 (until I replaced it with some well-used worn-out HK RC LiPo someone else got rid of that performed way better and weighed way less, and had more usable capacity).

I was miffed when it was stolen along with other battery stuff but then I figured "good riddance". :/

You can look for Vpower and/or CammyCC or Cammy in my posts, and find the repair/review/test threads I made, as well as other info in my build threads.

The cells they used weren't great to start with, the interconnect methods terrible, and was just wrapped in duct tape, no cell holders or stiffeners, etc. Cell welds could break and isolate cells from the pack, reducing pack capacity and capability at random.

The external BMS was HUGE (bigger than my hands palm together fingers straight, something like a thick and tall paperback book), but not capable of significant (relative to size) charge or discharge current because the pack itself was not, due to the cell type and quality.

Is also a very low balance current device, so still takes forever to balance, and the cells needed balancing every time because they were so low quality and very unmatched.

And no casing on the BMS meant having to DIY one or be really really careful with it.

Back