Aliexpress' AERDU 36V 14AH NCR18650GA battery pack - review

nukezero

10 kW
I bit the bullet and paid $146 shipped for the AERDU 36V 14AH 10s4p NCR18650GA battery pack. This was purchased from "AERDU Official Store" but they told me "AERDU Sunway Store" is also the same.

The delivery took a total of 2 weeks from China to USA, not too bad at all. It arrived via 3rd party shipping vendor, and then the shipping vendor used USPS to make the final ground delivery from their local office to my home.

The battery is incredibly well packaged in 1 inch foam on all sides, well shrink-wrapped constructed, and they customized the connector to anderson as I wanted. There were lots of reviews already from AERDU Sunway and I heard that Sunway store is very popular and legitimate in the e-cigarettes battery business as well. I made the decision to purchase after perusing thru all their reviews on battery packs and did not find any major problems and issues from their customers world-wide.

The battery pack does have a BMS bulging from the top of the pack, and I can feel the wires going into each bus plate. I am currently using this on a TSDZ2 36v 350w BW coaster motor. The battery has been running great and after 30 minutes of biking, even on turbo mode with the TSDZ2, the battery still maintains high capacity (>40v) at idle.

Overall, this is a decent purchase if you need a backup battery or just a cheap simple battery with low to nominal power requirements.

IMG_3725.JPG

IMG_3726.JPG

IMG_3727.JPG

I recently lost, yes, lost my expensive high quality mountain bike battery. I'm curious how this battery held up? It's the same size as the one I lost and cheap which makes me think it's shit but you never know.

Unfortunately my experience it total different.
I bought a 36v Batterie pack and the battery was sold as an LG-MH1 cell, meanwhile the description has been changed so that the trader can talk himself out of it, it would only be cells with the capacity of LG-MH1. But the capacity is much lower.

Instead of the promised 12.8 AH, the battery has just 9.5 AH and that with only 2A load. The seller is preparing a new test with a final battery voltage of 25V! Although the description says that the BMS turns off at 28V. But the BMS does not lock at all but would allow a discharge to the point of cell death.

Even if you can prove that the cells are not branded cells and have a much too low capacity, the seller will not refund a cent.

These are cheap cells with a very poor internal resistance, the voltage break down for 2V with a very low load.
The BMS also has no short-circuit protection, full voltage and full current are also applied to the charging cable.

Conclusion: bad cells and a high price and a seller who waste your time and laughs at you. I can only strongly advise you not to buy anything there!

Back