SLA Brands: What about "rhino"?

Roy

100 mW
Coming up on a thousand miles and my set of B&Bs are losing a lot of range. They're down to 5 miles from 10-15.

So I find this price on a "rhino" label replacement set. Very appealing. Anybody have experience to share on this brand or others.

http://www.ragebattery.com/power-sonic/SLA-10-12.html
(Link really does go to a rhino battery page)

Thanks,

Roy in Silicon Valley
#408 Crystalyte, 48v Tandem bike
with 12Ah B&Bs

I'm not sure what they mean by this :

Yuasa Cross: NP12-12, NP10-12
Power-Sonic Cross: PS-12120

Compatible with ???

But basically.. you want to ask they how long have they had these batteries on the shelve ? you want to buy your bricks as fresh as possible, or from a place that moves alot of them quickly. usually.

I have " enersys " sla's here i got from the local " battery house " , they work great and keep their charge well.. but not all SLA are built the same..

I have no experience with that particular brand.

I've had poor results with PowerSonic and some other brands.

BB batteries have a proven track record and are considered a good value.

Roy, weren't you the one that was running Powercheq's Equalizers?

Maybe those things don't work that great.

D-Man said:
Roy, weren't you the one that was running Powercheq's Equalizers?

Maybe those things don't work that great.
Are you suggesting that the PQ's shortened the battery life of the whole string?

Hard to say w/o doing some sort of comparison. I will at some point test the batteries individually and that will tell something about powercheq if the batteries are mismatched. At the moment I have no reason to think the powercheqs are causing any problems at all.

Are you suggesting that the PQ's shortened the battery life of the whole string?

No, just curious to hear about how well they worked. They advertise great life out of sla's if you use them. Well.....you used them. Now you have me thinking though. If one battery goes bad, would it hold them all down at a ridiculous low voltage thus killing them all? You would think there would be a safety built in as those things are not cheap.

Back