ECOLOCAP SOLUTIONS INC. RELEASES CNT-BATTERY PRELIMINARY COM

Lock

100 MW
ECOLOCAP SOLUTIONS INC. RELEASES CNT-BATTERY PRELIMINARY COMPARATIVE TESTING RESULTS
EcoloCap Solutions Inc. (OTCBB: ECOS), with its subsidiary Micro Bubble Technologies Inc. (MBT), today announced that it is releasing preliminary comparative testing results on the MBT CNT-Battery prior to the products official debut at a Company hosted event in Korea on November 18th.

The MBT CNT-Battery is a 99% recyclable, rechargeable battery that utilizes a highly-conductive carbon nano tube coating to modify the fabrication of standard lead-acid batteries. The initial CNT-Battery line is a series of 12 volt modules with varying ampere hour capacities which will be available in both standard and alternative sizes. This line is designed to optimize customization and will allow users to scale voltage and capacity for use in everything from golf carts to industrial power generation.

While official independent testing of the 12 volt series is expected to be made public in early 2010, the Company is releasing select preliminary comparative data. The following table offers a side by side look at a standard energy dense configuration lead-acid battery from a leading manufacturer compared to a similarly configured MBT CNT-Battery.

Specifications Standard Lead-Acid Battery MBT CNT-Battery

Nominal Voltage:......................12.0 V...........................12.0 V

Nominal Capacity:.....................170 Ah........................1,200 Ah

Dimensions L x W x H:...22.1 x 4.9 x 11.1 in...........18.6 x 6.2 x 13.6

Weight:...................................117 lbs...........................153 lbs.

Energy Density:.....................17.44 Wh/lb..................94.12 Wh/lb

Discharge Rate @ 17 A:...........10 hours......................70.6 hours

Charger Type:.........................Multi-stage.................Continuous

Standard Charge Time (10.5v):..Minimum 8 hours..............45 minutes

MBT System Charge Time:.............N/A............................15 minutes

Michael Siegel, President and CEO of EcoloCap Solutions Inc., explains: "These preliminary test results clearly demonstrate the CNT-Battery’s enhanced performance characteristics. It is our expectation that the CNT-Battery’s unparalleled capabilities will not only redefine the battery industry, but also the countless markets in which it is utilized.”

The MBT CNT-Battery will be officially unveiled at an event being held on November 18th at the Company’s factory in Korea. The CNT-Battery 12 volt series will be showcased in a variety of laboratory style tests for an audience of more than 50 worldwide industry representatives.

Those interested in attending the upcoming event in person may send an invitation request to IR@ecolocap.com This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it . For interested parties unable to attend, videos and data will be made available electronically following the event. Requests to receive event materials, company updates, and product information should be sent to Info@ecolocap.com This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it . Further information on EcoloCap Solutions Inc. and the MBT CNT-Battery can be found at, www.ecolocap.com.

About The Company: EcoloCap Solutions Inc. (OTCBB: ECOS) and its subsidiaries Micro Bubble Technologies Inc. (“MBT”), K-MBT Inc., and EcoloCap Solutions Inc. Canada are an integrated and complementary network of environmentally focused technology companies that utilize advanced nanotechnology to design, develop, manufacture and sell cleaner alternative energy. Their portfolio of products and services include MBT’s Carbon Nano Tube Battery (CNT-Battery), a rechargeable battery that surpasses the performance capabilities of any existing battery, MBT’s M-Fuel, an innovative suspension fuel for non-gasoline applications that exceeds all conventional fuels’ costs and efficiencies, and EcoloCap Solutions Inc. Canada’s comprehensive Carbon Credit Trading consultancy services. EcoloCap markets its products worldwide, directly and through agreements with distributors. For additional information, please visit the EcoloCap website, www.EcoloCap.com, or send an inquiry to Info@EcoloCap.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Company Contact Information:
EcoloCap Solutions Inc.
1250 South Grove Avenue, Suite 308
Barrington, Illinois 60010
Tel: (866) 479-7041
Fax: (847) 919-8440
Email: Info@EcoloCap.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

This press release may contain statements of a forward-looking nature regarding future events. These statements are only predictions and actual events may differ materially. Please refer to documents that EcoloCap Solutions Inc. files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a discussion of certain factors that could cause actual results to differ materials from those contained in the forward-looking statements.

Original URL:
http://www.ecolocap.com/site/en/pre...-preliminary-comparative-testing-results.html

The "CNT-battery", huh? Someone should sell them in a package with the Magic Pie.

Hehe... I guess that stands for carbon nano tube...

Thought folks here might be more excited about this. Just too involved with their exploding lithium packs and defective bms' i guess :mrgreen:

`Bit more from their site:

EcoloCap Solutions Inc., through its subsidiary Micro Bubble Technologies Inc. (MBT), developed and manufactures the Carbon Nano Tube Battery (CNT-Battery), a fully recyclable, rechargeable battery that far exceeds the performance capabilities of any existing battery on the market at this time. This environmentally-friendly and economical product is designed to offer fully scalable and customizable power solutions that will increase efficiency, lower operating costs, and reduce emissions.

Our proprietary technology modifies the fabrication of lead acid batteries by applying a highly-conductive carbon nano tube coating to the anode and cathode cells. As a result, conductive surface area is increased by a factor of billions and electricity is carried out more efficiently. Traditionally, nano tubes have been difficult to synthesize, as they tend to appear in abnormal shapes and cluster together. Our proprietary manufacturing process has perfected the production of 99.99% pure carbon nano tubes. When these complete carbon nano tubes are introduced to a battery along with modified electrolytes, the batteries internal resistance or impendence is greatly reduced. A lower internal resistance due to increased surface area and the modified electrolytes eliminate heat build-up during charging and discharging. The lower operating temperatures significantly extend battery life and eliminate combustibility and shorts.

The CNT-Battery’s advanced technology demonstrates eight times the reserve capacity of traditional lead acid batteries, two and a half times the energy density of lithium-ion batteries, and a recharge time of just five minutes; all at a fraction of the cost of lithium-ion batteries. Its diverse applications range from electric cars to cell towers and feature numerous economical and environmental benefits.

Applications
â– On-Road Transportation: EV/PHEV, heavy duty EV, trucks, buses, boats, aircraft, mass transit fleets
â– Portable Power: hand held gaming, power tools, notebooks, appliances, electronics
â– Grid Stabilization: utilities, energy services, systems operators, merchant operators, municipalities
â– Uninterruptible Power Supply: cell towers, data centers, healthcare facilities, manufacturing plants
â– Government: military, defense contractors, systems integrators, aerospace, propulsion systems

System Benefits Economical
â– Lower manufacturing and maintenance costs
â– Faster ramp to power
â– Power management functionality
â– Lower operating costs
â– Higher round-trip efficiencies
â– Longer cycle life
â– Longer calendar life

Green
â– Environmentally friendly chemistry
â– 99% recyclability and reusability
â– Increased efficiency
â– Decreases dependence on fossil fuels
Efficient:
â– Increased reserve capacity
â– Higher roundtrip efficiency
â– Quicker charge and discharge rates
â– Lower combustibility
â– Increased power density
â– Decreased internal resistance
â– Higher discharge capability

Comprehensive
â– Scalable configurations
â– Flexible arrayed configurations
â– Versatile packaging
â– Safer usability

Firefly Energy has been threatening a better lead battery for a while now but maybe Ecolocap will beat them to it...
tks
Loc

firefly has released a product. Here's the spec sheet:

http://www.fireflyenergy.com/images/stories/pdfs/Firefly Energy FF12D1-G31 Spec sheet FINAL.pdf

Their cycle life is 400-600 cycles and it's energy density is quite a bit better than the CNT but at 40wh/kg firefly isn't exactly going to "obsolete lithium" batteries as they were claiming. Even the relatively heavy LiFePO4 averages around 100 wh/kg. The CNT battery will probably be cheaper though. All good things, the more options people have, the better.

If they were as cheap as regular sla they'd be real interesting. I got all exited about thin film solar panels since they were going to cost so little to make, but then when they hit the market, the price was just as bad as silicone panels. I predict a similar pricing at first.

If nothing else, if provides a stimulus for other chemistries to keep improving. :mrgreen:

julesa said:
firefly has released a product. Here's the spec sheet:

http://www.fireflyenergy.com/images/stories/pdfs/Firefly Energy FF12D1-G31 Spec sheet FINAL.pdf

Their cycle life is 400-600 cycles and it's energy density is quite a bit better than the CNT but at 40wh/kg firefly isn't exactly going to "obsolete lithium" batteries as they were claiming. Even the relatively heavy LiFePO4 averages around 100 wh/kg. The CNT battery will probably be cheaper though. All good things, the more options people have, the better.

Ecolocap is claiming 207 Whr/kg. Disruptive if true and cheap as lead and soot.

:shock: oh damn you're right. I misread the chart. That would be exciting! A lead acid battery with energy density rivaling lipo...

Looked for pricing info, and this is the most I found, from an older Ecolocap press release:

"MBT’s Carbon Nano Tube Battery (CNT-Battery) demonstrated to have 8 times the energy reserve capacity of traditional lead-acid batteries, 2.5 times that of lithium-ion batteries and a recharge time of 5 to 10 minutes; all for a slight premium over the price of a similar type battery."
http://www.ecolocap.com/site/en/press-room/company-news/micro-bubble-technologies-inc-signs-second-multi-million-dollar-agreement-for-distribution-rights-of-its-cnt-battery.html

Does similar type mean lead-acid or Li-ion?

CyclemotorEngineer said:
Looked for pricing info, and this is the most I found, from an older Ecolocap press release:

"MBT’s Carbon Nano Tube Battery (CNT-Battery) demonstrated to have 8 times the energy reserve capacity of traditional lead-acid batteries, 2.5 times that of lithium-ion batteries and a recharge time of 5 to 10 minutes; all for a slight premium over the price of a similar type battery."
http://www.ecolocap.com/site/en/press-room/company-news/micro-bubble-technologies-inc-signs-second-multi-million-dollar-agreement-for-distribution-rights-of-its-cnt-battery.html

Does similar type mean lead-acid or Li-ion?

I wonder what data exists for higher C-rates?

Testing at a 1/70th C rate just doesn't seem to be too impressive, though it seems to be a significant advance beyond regular lead batteries.

Though 90 wh/lb sounds very promising. My ping battery is somewhere around 47 wh/lb.

dogman said:
If they were as cheap as regular sla they'd be real interesting. I got all exited about thin film solar panels since they were going to cost so little to make, but then when they hit the market, the price was just as bad as silicone panels. I predict a similar pricing at first.

If the numbers of producers is small and *the solar panels* to get were patented and protected, you'd expect this kind of pricing as companies want to maximize their profit. Now if it's a competitive product with "many competitors", you would expect its pricing to reflect the true cost of the product and so just wait upto 20 years as the patents expire or new technologies abound (Or possibly copies or whatever China produces). :)

swbluto said:
I wonder what data exists for higher C-rates?

Testing at a 1/70th C rate just doesn't seem to be too impressive, though it seems to be a significant advance beyond regular lead batteries.

Though 90 wh/lb sounds very promising. My ping battery is somewhere around 47 wh/lb.

Thanks for pointing this out. Company claims that their technology improves power density, but I agree. Where's the beef?

swbluto said:
http://seekingalpha.com/article/115257-lead-carbon-a-game-changer-for-alternative-energy-storage

Here's an interesting article I extracted from Tom-Tom's link. It basically shows Sandia Laboratory's independent verification of Lead-Carbon technology. It shows both relatively high C rates and definitely high cycle life.

Before we all get too excited, here's the authors reply in the comments to a question about their best application.

Is there a specific application for which for which the advanced lead-acid technology is well-suited? My guess is the batterys would too heavy for electric cars since they are 3 times heavier than li-ions.

John Petersen:

xb74, there are big differences between the weight advantages Li-ion claim when they use a standard starter battery for comparisons and weight advantages you get using best available lead acid. But if you're read some of my recent posts, you know that pure EVs are not going to be happening anytime soon and when you get down to the HEV and mild hybrid level, lead-carbon works wonderfully. Then you have fork lifts, uninterruptible power supplies and more potential utility applications than one can imagine. Right now, the global battery market is a $25 billion business and lead-acid accounts for all but $7 billion of that total. Over the next few years, consensus has energy storage sales surging to over $100 billion. So the much easier question is where will lead-carbon be inadequate: anything you need to carry around, power tools, electric bicycles and hybrid motor scooters. Everything else is fair game. My most recent article on the economics of electric vehicles is at:

seekingalpha.com/artic...

The beef is to be delivered tomorrow?

After the EEStor stuff, waiting for A123 20Ah cells (forever) SCiB cells, no Headway 15 Ah cells...waiting, waiting and waiting. The concept of something being shown TOMORROW is refreshing!

They say they will come out with conventional sizes. Don't know about you but the idea of a 48V 35 Ah pack that weighs 15 pounds, no exotic BMS or chargers, no explosions and not costing thousands of dollars sounds good to me.

Tomorrow, reality starts tomorrow? Maybe the normal sized batteries can be had by the spring time? Although I like the EEStor Uber Kaps, something about using "conventional" batteries has it's draw.

EVnewbie said:
The beef is to be delivered tomorrow?

After the EEStor stuff, waiting for A123 20Ah cells (forever) SCiB cells, no Headway 15 Ah cells...waiting, waiting and waiting. The concept of something being shown TOMORROW is refreshing!

They say they will come out with conventional sizes. Don't know about you but the idea of a 48V 35 Ah pack that weighs 15 pounds, no exotic BMS or chargers, no explosions and not costing thousands of dollars sounds good to me.

Tomorrow, reality starts tomorrow? Maybe the normal sized batteries can be had by the spring time? Although I like the EEStor Uber Kaps, something about using "conventional" batteries has it's draw.

So, any info on the event, anyone?

Hehe...no news at a quick google
Maybe watch their stocks in the morning:
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=...=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

For a bit more fun...
from here:
http://app.quotemedia.com/quotetool...=ECOS&symbology=null&cp=off&webmasterId=89753
September 16, 2009 - 4:23 PM EDT
BARRINGTON, ILLINOIS -- (Marketwire) -- 09/16/09 -- Micro Bubble Technology, the new subsidiary of EcoloCap Solutions, (OTCBB: ECOS) ("MBT") has signed an agreement with Next-Alternative Inc, (http://www.next-alternative.com) which agreed to pay $2 million in return for the exclusive right to market and distribute MBT's Carbon Nano Tube Battery for wheeled applications in North America.

Next-Alternative stock info here:
http://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/EN/index.aspx?pageID=36&ISIN=US65338W1053

The folks in Frankfurt are up a little earlier in the morning
;->
Lock

Hmmm stock prices are generally better correlated with hype than with substance... Kind of odd for one company to be making breakthroughs in battery technology, solar cells and fuel additives too. Does anyone know the theoretical maximum gravimetric energy density for lead/sulfuric acid batteries? I bet 200wh/kg exceeds it.

I found a few slightly different figures for the theoretical maximum energy density of lead acid batteries, assuming perfect and complete utilization of all anode/cathode material and perfect electrolyte (that is, not counting the weight of anything like water diluting the acid solution). They ranged from 167 wh/kg (most sources said 167wh/kg or very close to it) to 194 wh/kg. 207 wh/kg is not possible with lead/lead oxide/sulfuric acid chemistry, no matter how much nano-magic your marketing personnel say you have.

Sorry to rain on the parade.

They say the theoretical max energy density for a perfect lithium cobalt battery is about 550 wh/kg, and the perfect lithium silicon battery might get over 830 wh/kg. In practice, I don't think anyone has been able to achieve better than about one third of the theoretical maximum energy density of any chemistry in real batteries so far.

I got most of those numbers from this guy: (divide joules/kg by 3600 to get wh/kg)
http://www.thebulletin.org/web-edit...house/the-limits-of-energy-storage-technology

This patent says the theoretical max for lead-acid is 167wh/kg:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4001037.html

Firefly said the theoretical max is "approximately 170wh/kg":
http://www.fireflyenergy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=201&Itemid=96

So you're saying I shouldn't plan on any 5 pound 10aH48V SLA packs next week? RATS!!! Another dream spoilt. You darn math geeks just go out and spoil some great pipedreams with your "facts" and "logic" and "natural laws". It's all your fault.

Now what we need are the supernatural folks to step up to the plate. To heck with the lead and the lithium. How about a ghost battery? or a jesus/mohammed/abraham battery? Why haven't the aliens been heard from? Come on! Do your part!

Lock said:
I'm thinking their product demo didn't go so well

Well... four months later... *somebuddy* thinks this is good news:
View attachment EcoloCap.jpg

Their press release:
http://www.ecolocap.com/site/en/pre...t-results-for-its-nano-lithium-x-battery.html

EcoloCap Solutions Release Preliminary Test Results for its Nano Lithium X Battery
Exponent Testing’s preliminary results show better performance than previously announced for EcoloCap’s Nano Lithium Battery.

Barrington, IL – March 16, 2010 – EcoloCap Solutions Inc. (OTCBB: ECOS) today announces it has received preliminary results of the independent tests of it Nano Lithium Battery conducted by Exponent, http://www.exponent.com/about/, a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm of Phoenix, AZ. The initial results prove that EcoloCap’s advanced technology fills a void in the market for high power batteries. EcoloCap’s battery employs low levels of powdered Li and as such is able to offer its technology at lower cost as compared with all other types of lithium cells; no other technology can match EcoloCap’s performance. Other manufacturer’s cells are the size of small flashlight to lantern batteries and are rated in miliwatts to just single digit watts. In order to make a large voltage, high amp hour module, thousands of small cells must be used. Ecolocap’s one single cell can replace hundreds of existing Lithium batteries and is rated at a minimum of 200 Ahr/cell.

Michael Siegel, President and CEO of EcoloCap Solutions Inc. stated: “The preliminary test results show that the EcoloCap Nano Lithium battery performs better than we had predicted. The testing has demonstrated the efficiency of the battery is greater than 99%. Testing has also demonstrated an actual increase in the power densities previously calculated. I believe that the Nano Li battery is the highest energy density battery to date. We will publish the full test report within the next week, and these will be posted on our web site.”

tks
LoCk

first i have seen of this stock. the idea of using carbon nano tubes is fundamentally sound. increased surface area for chemical reaction and without the plating problems of solid lead plates, and so higher energy density.

you shoulda posted something 4 days ago. before the move.

any other stocks out there you follow?

we should start a section on EV stocks here on the sphere.

dnmun said:
first i have seen of this stock. the idea of using carbon nano tubes is fundamentally sound. increased surface area for chemical reaction and without the plating problems of solid lead plates, and so higher energy density.
you shoulda posted something 4 days ago. before the move.
any other stocks out there you follow?
we should start a section on EV stocks here on the sphere.

Agree...
...but I'm not following the stock as much as the battery adventures :)
You'll note that this/these companies started out touting lead but this latest press release is about nano LITHIUM. Not even sure if the Next Alternatives deal also covered this lithium tech for transportation?
I like a good mystery...

I posted here a while back a post from some savvy investor who pointed out the smart money might be in the secondary industries... the component manufacturers for the battery makers. Something about how there were only one-two companies in the world that manufacture certain membranes used in lithium cells. Thought that made sense at the time.
Lock

Back